Where are my dessert bread lovers at? This vegan apple loaf is for you! It's no secret that I absolutely adore dessert breads. I think dessert loafs are where it's at, because they are perfectly sweet, yet not too rich. You can enjoy the bread without feeling sluggish or super full. I have quite a few on my blog already, and I am always developing more (new recipes every Tuesday and Thursday!). My favorite vegan dessert loafs include:
What makes this vegan apple loaf so special?
A few things actually! First, and most importantly, this recipe is whole foods plant based. This means that this vegan apple loaf is naturally sweetened, vegan, and oil-free. This recipe also happens to be gluten-free! However just because this recipe is free of all those ingredients does not mean it is free of flavor too. This recipe is packed full of chai flavor and natural sweetness. This dessert loaf also features a vegan apple oat crumble that is simply delicious! And last, but not least, this dessert loaf is incredibly simple and easy to make!
How to make chai spice for this loaf?
I am actually working on putting together some of my spice blend recipes so that I can include them in my blog, so make sure to look out for that. Making homemade chai spice is super easy, and cost efficient! Until I have that recipe posted, I would suggest using apple pie spice, or pumpkin pie spice. They taste essentially the same!
Ingredients for this vegan apple loaf:
- Coconut flour
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Apple cider vinegar
- Plant based milk
- Medjool dates
- Apple pie spice
Apple Cider Chai Bread
For the crumble:
- 1 apple
- ¼ cup oats
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 5 medjool dates
- Make your flax egg, and preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the flax egg, applesauce, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and plant milk and mix.
- In a pot on the stove combine dates and ½ cup water and allow to boing so that the dates become soft and the water evaporates. Once most the water is gone add dates to blender and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the apple(chopped), oats, spices, and applesauce and mix.
- Add the batter to a sprayed bread pan. Next spread the date paste on top. Top off with the crumble and bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour. Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving, enjoy!