Today's vegan dessert pizza is a special one. I created this raspberry pizza recipe as part of a collaboration with Wholly Veggie. If you have never heard of Wholly Veggie before, let me introduce you to a game changing company in the plant based food game. Wholly Veggie has found a way to create all the classic flavors we love (think pizzas, wings, patties, etc.) without any animal products; can you say GOALS! I love all their products, especially their cauliflower wings. I created a Buffalo Cauliflower Salad using the cauliflower wings. That recipe has quickly become one of my go-to salad recipes.
Today's Raspberry Crumble Dessert Pizza is something a little unique, but totally delicious! Growing up my family would go to CiCi's Pizza and eat absurd amounts of pizza. They had every kind of pizza flavor you could imagine. Just when you thought you were going to explode from pizza, the dessert pizzas would come out. I channeled those memories to create this delicious (and much healthier) vegan dessert pizza! This raspberry pizza is loaded with healthy whole foods plant based ingredients, and is incredibly easy to make.
What makes this Vegan Dessert Pizza so healthy:
This vegan dessert pizza isn't just any dessert pizza. This Raspberry Crumble Dessert Pizza is loaded with health promoting ingredients, and natural sweeteners for the ultimate simple healthy vegan dessert! I love making this raspberry pizza when I have a really bad sweet tooth, but I don't want a rich dessert. Not only is this dessert pizza recipe full of all these incredible healthy ingredients and free of all the bad ones, but it also has a hidden vegetable, can you guess which one? If you guessed the ultimate chameleon vegetable that is cauliflower you are correct! This gluten-free vegan dessert pizza is made using cauliflower so it is lower calorie and higher nutrients!
How to make this Raspberry Pizza:
This vegan dessert pizza recipe is incredibly easy to make, and I think that's why I am so obsessed! I am the type of person who needs a little something sweet after dinner. Honestly if I could just eat dessert all day, every day, I probably would. However as much as I love sweets, some of the recipes just take too damn long. Luckily this raspberry pizzas recipe is so quick and easy! All you have to do is make the layers and stick it in the oven! You can also make this recipe ahead of time and then have it prepped and ready to go when the cravings hit!
Ingredients for this Vegan Dessert Pizza:
- Frozen raspberries
- Vanilla extract
- Chia seeds
- Oat flour
- Almond extract
- Baking powder
- Coconut flour
- Wholly Veggie Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Sliced almonds
Raspberry Crumble Dessert Pizza
- 2 Wholly Veggie Cauliflower Pizza Crust
For the Raspberry Layer:
- 2 cups frozen raspberry
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
For the Crumble:
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup coconut flour
- In a saucepan combine the frozen raspberries, applesauce, vanilla and chia seeds. Cook slowly over medium heat until it resembles a jam. Once a jam consistency is reached, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl assemble the crumble by adding the oat flour, applesauce, cinnamon, vanilla, almond milk, baking powder, and coconut flour together, stirring slowly. Once you get a crumbly texture set aside.
- Remove the frozen pizza crust from the package and top with the raspberry sauce as you would a normal pizza. Next, layer the crumble over the top of the raspberry sauce and top with sliced almonds.
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes. Once the edges are golden brown, remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply