Alright, real talk: developing this vegan mushroom quiche recipe was like a science experiment. I had a general idea of how I would create this gluten-free quiche recipe. However it took quite a few attempts to get what I wanted. I am happy to say that after all these attempts I finally got the recipe right and this vegan mushroom quiche is BANGING!
How to make plant based eggs for this gluten-free vegan quiche:
There's a couple important things to remember when making vegan eggs for recipes like this gluten-free mushroom quiche. First off, stop adding turmeric for color. Turmeric has a very strong flavor, so if you add it to the eggs the flavor is bound to be off! If you're really looking for a way to include turmeric into your diet I would suggest trying some of my recipes that have turmeric:
Second, make sure you are using ingredients with eggy texture. Tofu has a naturally egg-like texture. If you want to level it up try adding psyllium husk. I know what you're thinking: psyllium husk does have a reputation for cleaning out the system (if you know what I mean). However this entire mushroom quiche recipe only uses 2 tablespoons so that's like 1 teaspoon per serving which is maybe 1-2 grams of fiber. I think most of us could use the fiber boost anyways.
Lastly try adding a little bit of black salt. Black salt is something that isn't for everyone, but does have an egg taste. Therefore if you were/are someone who loves the flavor of eggs, then I would definitely recommend adding a little black salt to this recipe! It's hard to find in stores, but you can always buy it from Amazon.
Can I make this vegan gluten-free quiche with other vegetables?
You absolutely make this vegan mushroom quiche recipe using different vegetables. The base of this recipe is made separately. Therefore you can simply sub out some other vegetables in this gluten-free mushroom quiche to make it the way you will enjoy it most. All of my recipes are made for you, so whatever you need to do to enjoy them most, do it. If you want to try different vegetables in this plant based quiche, here are some of my recommendations: spinach, kale, leeks, bell peppers, etc. the list goes on!
Ingredients for this Vegan Mushroom Quiche Recipe:
- Psyllium husk
- Liquid aminos
- Black salt
- Chickpea flour
- Lite coconut milk
- Nutritional yeast
Vegan Mushroom Quiche
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400 and defrosting your pie crust.
- Press the tofu. While to tofu is pressing check to see if your pie crust needs to be baked before adding the filling, if so bake according to package instructions.
- Dice onions, and mince garlic and toss in a sauté pan with a little bit of water. Follow with sliced mushrooms and chopped broccoli.
- In a high speed blender combine tofu and all remaining ingredients except psyllium husk and chickpea flour and blend until smooth. Once smooth add the psyllium husk and chickpea flour and blend again.
- Pour this mixture into the pan and mix everything together. Pour into pie crust and bake for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!