Making vegan creamy past:
I am not 100% oil-free. However, I never cook with oil. The only time you will see a recipe that contains oil on The All Natural Vegan is salad recipes that contain cold pressed oils. I only use oils in these instances, because vinegar can be too strong of a flavor, and oil helps to balance it out. If you want more cold pressed oil recipes, here are some of my favorite:
I do not think all oil is evil, but I don’t think it should be heated. It is also a high calorie dense food. With that said I always try to opt for less calorie dense options such as tahini, or nut butter. This actually works out better for recipes such as this creamy oil-free vegan pasta, because it adds the nice buttery creamy flavors while also adding fiber and other essential nutrients. Whenever I am making a creamy oil-free vegan pasta I like to add some water with the tahini/nut butter to lower the calorie density of the pasta and helps to achieve a nice creamy texture that is oil-free!
Can you make creamy oil-free pasta vegan?
You sure can! There are so many ways to make creamy oil-free vegan pasta. You can do this a couple different ways. A lot of recipes online that are non-dairy use oil as the dairy replacement. However, like I said previously, I don’t use oil like this. When you use oil, it increases the calories of the recipe significantly without adding any fiber (aka it won’t fill you up). I love using tahini, nut butters, and coconut milk for a super creamy oil-free pasta. There are also ways to make creamy oil-free vegan pasta that is low calorie. If you are trying to lose weight, or manage your weight, I would suggest following this route. You can lower the calories of this creamy oil-free pasta by using half the amount of tahini and a little more water.
I also love using my cauliflower cheese sauce in my creamy oil-free pasta recipes. It is a super low calorie, yet nutrient dense sauce. This sauce is one of my favorite recipes that I have created, because it is so versatile. If you are not a fan of tahini, then you could sub it out for my cauliflower cheese recipe in this recipe!
Ingredients for this Oil-free Lemon Tahini Pasta:
- Bean based pasta
- Brussel sprouts
- Butternut squash
- Nutritional yeast
- Italian seasoning
Oil-free Lemon Tahini Pasta
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400.
- While the oven is preheating, peel (optional) and cut the butternut squash. Scoop out the seeds and dice into chunks. Chop your brussel sprouts in half and place both vegetables on your silicone baking mats and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, boil a pot of water and cook your pasta.
- Dice your onions and garlic. In a sauté pan add your onions and garlic with a little bit of water and sauté. Add the cooked pasta, tahini, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, chickpeas, and water. Stir until pasta is evenly coated.
- Once the butternut squash and brussel sprouts are finished cooking, add them to the pan with the pasta and mix until everything is coated in the lemon tahini sauce. Serve and enjoy!