I bring you the ultimate simple dessert recipe today: Pistachio Avocado Mousse! I have a major sweet tooth. Honestly if I could just eat desserts and fruit all day everyday I would. Unfortunately, many dessert recipes are typically not very healthy. This is because they are filled with highly refined and processed ingredients.
My desserts however, are made with simple whole foods plant based ingredients just like this healthy avocado mousse. I don't just love eating desserts, but also making desserts. I have plenty of other whole foods plant based dessert recipes on my blog. Here are some of my favorites:
How to make refined sugar-free desserts:
If there's one big no-no here at The All Natural Vegan (aside from animal products, obviously) it's refined sugar. I stopped eating refined sugar at home about 2 years ago, and it has honestly transformed my healthy forever. Refined sugars are in so many desserts, and I don't understand why. I am committed to making all my recipes refined sugar-free just like this healthy avocado mousse. There are so many natural sweeteners out there that work the exact same, if not better. I've tried many natural sweeteners, but I have narrowed down my favorites:
- Fruit: Dates, apples, bananas, raisins, berries, etc.
- Maple Crystals: This is a relatively new (to me) sweeteners that is maple from maple trees! They are different from maple syrup, because they contain fiber and are lower glycemic. I absolutely love it! "VEGAN10" gets $10 off your purchase!
- Date syrup: I am the biggest fan of date syrup. It is perfect for when you want a smooth sweetness, but don't feel like blending the dates!
How to keep your healthy avocado mousse vibrant green:
This Pistachio Avocado Mousse is packed full of green ingredients. When you first make this healthy avocado mousse, it will be bright green! However if you don't eat it right away and you let it sit for awhile it will start to change colors slightly. You can avoid this with two simple tricks. First, make sure that you cover the mousse when storing it in the fridge. Second, add a bit of lemon, or lime to keep it from browning right away. Since the pistachio is such a strong flavor, you shouldn't be able to taste the lemon/lime!
Do I need a high speed blender for this recipe:
While I am constantly recommending investing in a Vitamix blender, you don't need one for this Pistachio Avocado mousse. This healthy avocado mousse works with any blender, and it will still come out super smooth! It may take a bit longer if you are not using a powerful blender, but it will get the job done!
Ingredients for this Healthy Avocado Mousse:
- Pistachio nut butter
- Maple Crystals
Pistachio Avocado Mousse
- 2 hass avocados
- 3 tablespoon pistachio butter
- 2 tablespoon maple crystals
- ½ lemon
- Simply add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth!
- (It sets nicely in the fridge, and the lemon helps retain the color, but it still may brown) Top with raspberries and coconut and enjoy!
Leave a Reply