This Superfood Blue Magic Smoothie is the ultimate healthy smoothie recipe for summer. It's made with wholesome and clean ingredients and helps support a healthy immune system. This is the perfect copycat recipe for the popular blue majik smoothie at the popular Los Angeles grocery store erewhon market.
Since my Strawberry Glaze Smoothie was such a hit with you guys, I knew it was time to recreate another erewhon market smoothie recipe. This smoothie recipe is the perfect affordable erewhon market smoothie recipe!
This post is sponsored by Wilderness Poets - A company that aligns with The All Natural Vegan Mission. Thank you for supporting brands that make The All Natural Vegan Possible!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe features several affiliate links, meaning I will earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
- Blue Magic Smoothie Ingredients:
- How To Make This Blue Magic Smoothie:
- Blue Majik Smoothie Variations:
- What You Will Need To Make This Blue Magic Smoothie:
- Top Tip:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Related Recipes That Use Vanilla Bean Powder:
- Superfood Blue Magic Smoothie
- More Vegan Smoothies And Smoothie Bowls:
- Food Safety:
Blue Magic Smoothie Ingredients:
This Blue Magic Smoothie recipe is great because it features clean and simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand, plus a couple of superfood ingredients, and is super budget-friendly!
- Frozen Banana - Both fresh and frozen bananas will work for this recipe. I personally opt for frozen because it makes the smoothie cooler and thicker.
- Frozen Pineapple - The key ingredient to achieving the perfect sweetness in this recipe is the pineapple. It's packed full of vitamin C to help support a healthy immune system.
- Avocado - This is the perfect way to add essential fatty acids, fiber, and thickness to this smoothie.
- Vanilla Bean Powder - Wilderness Poets vanilla bean powder is the perfect ingredient to add to any smoothie recipe. Vanilla bean powder is the beans from a vanilla bean pod in their whole powder form. Vanilla bean powder is different than vanilla extract because it is in its whole food form. Therefore it retains more health benefits and flavor! I strongly recommend investing in vanilla bean powder if you are looking to experience vanilla in its greatest form! As always you can use my Wilderness Poets discount code: 'NATURALVEGAN" for $10 off your purchase!
- Butterfly Pea Flower - Another one of my favorite ingredients to purchase from Wilderness Poets is their butterfly pea flower. if you've never heard of butterfly pea flower, it is a flower that is commonly used as a natural blue food coloring. It has the perfect vibrant blue color that can be turned into a deep magenta when combined with citrus. Some of the health benefits include skin and hair health support, may support weight loss, and can stabilize blood sugar levels. Again, "NATURALVEGAN" gets you $10 off.
- Almond Milk SPiN - The last, but certainly not least ingredient from Wilderness Poets featured in this recipe is their almond milk SPiN nut milk concentrate. I absolutely adore this product. It makes making homemade nut milk incredibly easy. All you have to do is combine it with water in a blender and you're good to go! Since the original recipe calls for both almond butter and almond milk, SPiN is the perfect healthy substitute! Just like any Wilderness Poets purchase, my code: "NATURALVEGAN" gets you $10 off.
- Water - You will need water to get the ingredients to blend together.
- Coconut Yogurt - The original blue majik recipe calls for coconut milk, however, I like to use coconut yogurt for the added probiotics and thickness.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make This Blue Magic Smoothie:
This blue magic smoothie is great, because it's easy to make, doesn't require any crazy equipment and only takes about 5 minutes to make!
1. Combine all ingredients together in a blender and blend until silky smooth.
2. Add the coconut yogurt to a tall glass and top with butterfly pea powder. Give the glass a shake and then pour the smoothie over. Top with more coconut yogurt and enjoy.
Hint: Blend the smoothie on high for about 45 seconds to ensure it is smooth and creamy.
There are a handful of easy substitutions that'll work for this recipe in case you need to replace a certain ingredient:
- Blue Spirulina - Blue spirulina is a type of algae with a vibrant blue pigment. It comes from green spirulina which is a blue-green algae that has a much stronger seaweed taste and does not have the same blue pigment. Spirulina is high in protein, and amino acids, and has an abundance of b vitamins. However, I prefer using butterfly pea flower, because the color is prettier, and the flavor isn't as strong.
- Milk - If you need to make this recipe nut-free, you can use oat milk, soy milk, or any of the coconut milks (based on how creamy you want the recipe to be).
Blue Majik Smoothie Variations:
There are plenty of variations of this blue magic smoothie that you can easily make just by adding simple ingredients.
- High-Protein - Add a tablespoon of Wilderness Poets hemp seeds and chia seeds for added protein and essential fatty acids.
- Collagen - Add a scoop of your favorite vegan collagen to this recipe for added beauty benefits.
What You Will Need To Make This Blue Magic Smoothie:
Equipment can always have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Here's what you'll need to make this blue magic smoothie:
- High-Speed Blender - Any blender will work, but the more powerful the blender the better the smoothie will be. A high-speed blender is ideal for achieving the right creamy texture. I recommended investing in a Vitamix. They truly are the best blenders on the market.
- Glasses - The presentation of this smoothie is key. I recommended using clear simple glasses.
As always you can find all my go-to equipment on my Amazon storefront or my affiliate page.
Make sure to use ripe fruits for this smoothie. If you have a sweet tooth and want this smoothie to come out sweet and delicious using ripe frozen fruit is a game changer.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Neither of these ingredients are very common. Therefore it is very normal to be confused about what they are and what the difference is. However, the good news is that they are both the same thing. They are the blue extracts of spirulina. Therefore they have less of a seaweed taste and a stronger blue pigment.
Although butterfly pea has earned the nickname "blue matcha" it's completely caffeine-free! Therefore it's great for smoothies or afternoon tea.
Related Recipes That Use Vanilla Bean Powder:
If you're hesitant to invest in vanilla bean powder because you don't know how to use it, here are more delicious vegan recipes that feature vanilla bean powder!
f you try this Superfood Blue Magic Smoothie recipe, I’d really love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. I’d also really appreciate a recipe card rating! Thank you for supporting The All Natural Vegan!
Superfood Blue Magic Smoothie
Superfood Blue Magic Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- ½ avocado
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder "NATURALVEGAN" for $10 off
- ½ teaspoon butterfly pea flower "NATURALVEGAN" for $10 off
- 1 tablespoon almond milk SPiN nut milk concentrate "NATURALVEGAN" for $10 off
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt
- ½ teaspoon butterfly pea flower "NATURALVEGAN" for $10 off
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender and blend until silky smooth.
- Add the coconut yogurt to a tall glass and top with butterfly pea powder. Give the glass a shake and then pour the smoothie over. Top with more coconut yogurt and enjoy.
NEW! 🌟Blue Magic Smoothie 🌟 Happy Wednesday friends! I’ve got the perfect healthy and refreshing summer smoothie for you guys today featuring @wildernesspoets ☀️ This Superfood Blue Magic Smoothie is a copycat of the popular blue majik smoothie from erewhon market. Unlike the traditional smoothie, this recipe is affordable, easy to make, and packed full of clean and nutritious ingredients. This recipe feature’s Wilderness Poets vanilla powder which adds incredible flavor, butterfly pea powder which adds natural vibrant blue color, and almond milk spin which is the perfect one ingredient nut milk replacement! You can read more about these products and find the full recipe for this smoothie on my website: theallnaturalvegan.com! Or search blue magic smoothie on google and it will pop right up! Enjoy 💕 #smoothie #smoothiesrecipe #smoothielove #smoothielover #smoothiesofig #bluemagic #bluemajik #erewhon #copycatsmoothie #healthyrecipes #healthyrecipe #cleaneating #healthyfood #vegansmoothie #vegansmoothies #smoothieshare @WildernessPoets♬ Dancing in the Moonlight - Toploader
More Vegan Smoothies And Smoothie Bowls:
Looking for more vegan smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes? Try these!
Make sure to always practice proper food safety whenever in the kitchen.
- Always wash hands before handling food.
- Do not stick foreign objects into a blender connected to power.
Hey there! Just wanted to drop by and give a huge thumbs up for your post on the Blue Magic Smoothie made with blue matcha. It's an absolute delight! The combination of orange glazed carrots with the vibrant blue matcha creates a visually stunning drink that is as delicious as it looks. The flavors are perfectly balanced, and the smoothie is incredibly refreshing. I can't get enough of it! Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe. Keep up the fantastic work!
This is so pretty! I love the color and flavor. Thanks for the discounts on these products!
Love these flavors and vibrant color! All your smoothies are so good!