I am so excited about today’s sweet potato spring roll recipe! It is finally warming up here in South Carolina, so it’s time for some more recipes with fresh vegetables! I love the heat (for so many reasons) because it inspires me to eat more fresh vegetables and raw vegan meals. Personally, I will never go fully raw vegan, but I do love creating raw vegan recipes! I have plenty of raw vegan recipes on my blog, and I am always uploading more. Make sure to subscribe for new recipes every Tuesday and Thursday! Some of my favorite raw vegan recipes I have created are:
- Raw Vegan Pad Thai
- Green Goddess Bowl
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Caramel
- Winter Kale Salad
- Peanut Ginger Asian Crunch Salad
How to make spring rolls without breaking them:
Listen, this was a STRUGGLE. I have tried forever to make spring rolls, but they always end up breaking. Thankfully I figured it out just in time for this vegan potato spring roll recipe! One quick side note is that I find that the white rice paper works much better than the brown. Thankfully the health benefits of brown rice versus white rice are very minimal, so white rice paper is perfect for this potato spring roll recipe!
The first common mistake people make when making spring rolls is they let the rice paper soak in water for too long. I don’t care what the package says, you literally just need to put it in the water for like 2 seconds. Next is make sure that whatever you are placing the paper on is slightly damp and not sticky. Do not place it on a wooden cutting board, because it will get stuck and it will rip. Last, but not least is to work fast! Imagine you’re on Hell’s Kitchen lol. Okay, maybe not that fast, but make sure your ingredients are prepped before getting the rice paper wet. Then you simply wrap them like a burrito.
Can I mean prep this potato spring roll recipe?
You guys know that I am always making meal prep friendly recipes, and this recipe is meal prep friendly-ish. You can prep all the ingredients and the sauce, but not the rice paper wrap. To meal prep this potato spring roll recipe you need to have your vegetables prepped, and then just make the potato spring rolls fresh. The rice paper doesn’t hold up once wet, so just freshly wrap them each day and you’re good to go!
Ingredients for this potato spring roll recipe:
- Sweet Potato
- Rice paper
- Purple cabbage
- Extra firm tofu
- Coconut Aminos
- Peanut butter
Sweet Potato Spring Rolls
For the Potato Spring Rolls:
- 12 rice paper sheets
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 1/2 cups shredded jicama
- 1 1/2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Start by preheating the oven to 400. Slice the sweet potato into long sticks and add to baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Julienne the cucumber and bell pepper. Chop the tofu into long sticks, similar in size to the sweet potato. Slice the avocado and chop cilantro.
- To make the sauce, simply combine all ingredients and mix until smooth, top with red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Once sweet potatoes are done remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- To assemble, create a pretty design I layered the ingredients so that the ones with the most detail would be shown on the outside. Add ingredients in proportion to your liking, and enjoy!