I am drooling over these just writing this and looking at the picture of these bad boys. This recipe was a total experiment, but it ended up turning out even better than I could have ever imagined! I have a deep love for cinnamon rolls. This recipe is the perfect vegan treat to enjoy any time of the day as well as any season of they year. I definitely recommend enjoying these with a friend, because they are dangerously good…I may or may not have eaten them all by myself, shhh. The good news is, is that they are super healthy and filled with whole foods plant based ingredients!
Why I love PlantFusion
These tasty protein cinnamon rolls wouldn’t be complete without my favorite new product, which is the Plant Fusion Complete Plant Collagen Builder! This product is the first triple action PLANT collagen builder, so like WOW already off to an amazing start. For me what is inside products is the most important consideration. The second most important is the flavor. I can promise you that this product (well, all of PlantFusions products) doesn’t fall short in either of those categories. I am super passionate about supporting PlantFusion, because I truly believe that they are the best vegan plant based protein powder in the game. As always, my code: “NATURALVEGAN” will get you 25% off your entire order at Plantfusion. I do earn commission off this link, but I genuinely believe you’ll be as obsessed with their products as I am.
Ingredients for healthy vegan cinnamon rolls:
This recipe features ingredients that you probably already have laying around, but just in case, here’s a little shopping list for you:
- Whole wheat flour
- Dry active yeast
- Plant based milk of choice
- Date syrup
- Medjool dates
- Coconut cream
- Vegan cream cheese
- PlantFusion complete plant collagen builder
How to make healthy vegan desserts?
Hello, and welcome! If you’re new here, I am a complete health nut with a passion for creating recipes! Each recipe on Theallnaturalvegan.com has undergone lots of testing a developing in order to bring you a delicious healthy recipe, and not something that tastes like grass! I promise, healthy eating is a lot easier than it seems! A few of my go-to rule of thumbs are:
- Opt for true plant based sweeteners
- Look for plant ingredients you actually recognize (dates, bananas, applesauce) You may be asking why? Well, simply put: fiber. These ingredients have fiber and nutrients in them whereas zero calorie sweeteners like stevia have neither of these and just spike your blood sugar.
- Remember calorie density
- To follow up the last point, if weight loss, or weight management is your goal, remember that fresh fruits and vegetables always have the lower calories, and grains and nuts have more. Oil has a very high calorie density, so that is one major reason I avoid using it for the most part.
- Incorporate ingredients that will keep you full for extended amounts of time
- This is why I love incorporating protein powder into this recipe, because it helps keep me full for longer, no more midnight snacking!
Vegan Protein Cinnamon Rolls
- 3-4 scoops PlantFusion Complete Plant Collagen Builder
- 1/4 cup plant based cream cheese my favorite is Kite Hill
- Begin by preparing the dough ahead of time. Warm your plant based milk slightly and add the date syrup, mix. Sprinkle the yeast on top and let sit for 15 minutes.1 tsp dry active yeast, 1 cup plant based milk, 2 tsp date syrup
- Combine the flour and yeast mixture and form your dough. Cover and let rise for 2 hours.2 cups whole wheat flour
- Once the dough has risen, preheat your oven to 350. In a saucepan add the pitted dates, coconut cream, and cinnamon and bring to a boil. You may need to add about 1/4 cup of water. Once dates have soften add mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.1 5.4oz can coconut cream, 1 cup medjool dates, 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle, and then spread the date cinnamon mixture evenly across. Roll dough into a log, then slice out your cinnamon rolls. Place in a baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, add your vegan cream cheese, and Plantfusion powder together, and mix until smooth.3-4 scoops PlantFusion Complete Plant Collagen Builder, 1/4 cup plant based cream cheese
- Remove cinnamon rolls from oven, and coat with the protein frosting. Serve and enjoy!