I have one of my favorite, and most frequently made recipes for you all today! If you follow me on Instagram, you see these protein waffles very frequently. Honestly, I could seriously eat these everyday and never get sick of them. One of the reasons I love this recipe so much is because how simple it is. I have, and will never be someone who wakes up on the right side of the bed lol. I need a quick and easy recipe like these berry waffles. If you’re interested in more of my quick and easy breakfast recipes, here are some of my go-tos:
- Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Caramel Chia Seed Pudding
- Banana Cream Pie Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Protein Protein Pancakes
Best plant based protein for berry waffles:
There are two things that I simply can not start my day without: coffee and PlantFusion. I am seriously that girl that gets stopped at TSA at the airport, because I have my PlantFusion in my suitcase. I just feel so good when I start my day off with PlantFusion. These berry waffles (well, the waffle base I should say) was one of the first PlantFusion breakfast recipes I made. I was hooked! I haven’t always been a protein powder type of gal, but PlantFusion has changed my ways. For this recipe I used the classic Vanilla Complete Protein. This line is my favorite for waffles, because it crisps up, but stays nice and fluffy on the inside. As always my code “NATURALVEGAN” gets you 25% off your entire order!
Are these waffles gluten-free?
Yes! I have been making an effort to try and only make gluten-free recipes moving forward. I honestly like making gluten-free recipes, because it’s a little more challenging and fun! The biggest difference between my gluten-free recipes and other gluten-free recipes is that I use real flours and not refined starchy flours like a lot of recipes I see online. I think it’s important to note that gluten-free does not mean healthy, and therefore you should be picky about your gluten-free flours. Take a close look at the nutrition label and always opt for the option with higher fiber and protein (it’ll fill you up more!).
Ingredients for this Berry Waffle recipe:
- PlantFusion Vanilla Complete Protein
- Oat flour
- Plant based milk
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Vegan yogurt
- Fresh berries
- Date Syrup
For the Berry Waffles:
- vegan yogurt
- date syrup
- fresh berries
- Begin by making your oat flour if it is not already pre made. I like to pre make a lot at one time. It is super simple to create oat flour, all you have to do is blend it in a blender on high for about 30 seconds
- In a bowl combine the 1/3 cup of oat flour and 1 Scoop PlantFusion Vanilla Complete Protein , vanilla extract, baking powder, and the liquid and mix. You may need to add less, or more water. I usually eyeball it.
- Prepare the waffle maker, and pour out the mix. You want it to be thicker consistency, so you will need to scoop it out some.
- Close the waffle machine and cook until light turns green! Make sure not to sneak a peak, that will break the waffle!
- Top with vegan yogurt, date syrup, and fresh berries, enjoy!