I've got a delicious butternut squash pomegranate salad recipe for you guys this week. I've been on a simple salad kick recently, and this salad was so easy and perfect! There are plenty of simple recipes up on my blog already, however I wanted this one to be a little different. I am one of those people could eat the same salad everyday and be perfectly content. However I know that not everyone is like me, and you guys have been looking for some flavorful salads. If you are looking for some other flavorful simple salad recipes, I got you! Here are some of my go-to recipes:
How to make vegan feta:
Tofu feta is nothing new. There are plenty of recipes out there for tofu feta. A lot of these recipes will lie to you and try to convince you that the recipe tastes like actually feta. I am here to share the truth and tell you that tofu feta does not taste just like traditional feta. There are plenty of vegan fetas that you can find in stores that taste just like classic feta though. However, if you like the flavor of tofu, then you will definitely enjoy this tofu feta. I have recently picked up some tricks that have helped elevate my tofu feta game: Make sure to add a tangy component (lemon), a salty component (miso paste), and a creamy component (tofu).
How to make the best butternut squash:
The featured ingredient in this recipe is the butternut squash. I love butternut squash. I think I love butternut squash so much because I have figured out how to cook it perfectly. My trick to making the perfect butternut squash is roasting it with coconut aminos. I swear the coconut aminos bring out the most creamy caramelized texture from the butternut squash. Honestly, I throw coconut aminos, or liquid aminos on every vegetable I bake, because it changes the flavor immensely.
Ingredients for this Butternut Squash Pomegranate Salad:
- Butternut squash
- Extra firm tofu
- Coconut aminos
- Miso Paste
- Lemon juice
- Spring mix
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Cold pressed flaxseed oil
Butternut Squash Pomegranate Salad
For the salad:
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 lemon
- 4 cups spring mix
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed flax seed oil
- Start by preheating the oven to 400. Peel and deseed the butternut squash and chop into bite sized cubes. Place on the baking sheet, coat with coconut aminos, and bake for 30 minutes, or until soft.
- Press the tofu. While the tofu is pressing deseed the pomegranate and rinse the kernels. Place pomegranate in a bowl with the chopped pecans and spring mix.
- Once the tofu is pressed, strain the liquid and break it up into small pieces like feta. Add to a bowl with miso paste and lemon juice and mix until evenly coated.
- Assemble the dressing by combining remaining ingredients and whisking together.
- Once butternut squash is soft, add it to the bowl with the pomegranate and toss.
- Serve with the tofu feta, and balsamic dijon vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply