Today’s recipe is a delicious roasted golden beet salad recipe that uses healthy and simple ingredients. I completely fell in love with this salad after making it. Previous to making this salad I had never had golden beets before. I had always seen them at my local grocery stores, but never had the motivation to pick one up and try it because I figured that it would just taste like regular beets. To my surprise, golden beets are simply fantastic. They have such a natural sweetness to them that is so perfect. I still love regular beets, and have plenty of beet recipes on my blog:
However, you can expect to see more recipes using golden beets just like this golden beet salad!
How to make healthy salad dressings:
If you’ve been around awhile, then you know that I rarely use oils in my recipes. I never heat with oil and only use high quality cold pressed oils. Why do I only use cold pressed oils? A couple reasons. First of all, as the name implies: cold pressed oil is the oil extracted from the food without using heat. I never cook with oil, so it is important to me that if I do use oil (which is exclusively in salads), that I use one that is never heated. When you heat an oil it removes key nutrients and takes away any health benefits that the oil previously had. Secondly, I use cold pressed, because unlike standard oils that you purchase at the store (even olive oil) cold pressed oil does not go through the chemical refining process. Last, but not least: cold pressed oils simply taste better. If I am going to use oil in a recipe (which again is rare), it better taste delicious!
How to roast golden beets:
Golden beets taste delicious no matter how you prepare them. However, I have picked up a few tips on how to elevate the flavor even more. First and most importantly wash those beets! Honestly you should be washing all you vegetables (organic and non organic) to remove pesticides, sand/dirt, and bugs! Yep, that’s right I said bugs. I have recently mastered the art of washing vegetables, and my goodness the stuff that comes off of the produce is frightening. Second, leave the skin on. What!? You read that correctly, leave the skin on, it’s completely edible and loaded with nutrients. Next, add to a baking sheet with coconut aminos . I add coconut aminos to honestly everything I roast, because they bring out the most amazing flavor. And there you have it! You’ll have the most delicious beets.
Can I make this Golden Beet Salad with regular beets?
Yes! Golden beets are fairly common. However if you can not find them in regular stores you can totally use regular beets. Just make sure you are being cautious of the beets red color staining other vegetables in this roasted golden beet salad.
Ingredients for this Roasted Golden Beet Salad
- Golden beets
- Coconut aminos
- Rainbow carrots
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
- Cannellini beans
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cold pressed flaxseed oil
- Dijon mustard
- Chopped almonds
Roasted Golden Beet Salad
- Start by preheating the oven to 400. Chop the beets and carrots up, and place them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle garlic and onion powder over the vegetables and toss with coconut aminos. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are in the oven, de-stem and massage the kale with the flaxseed oil. Strain the beans and add to the kale along with the sprouts.
- Make the dressing by whisking the dijon and balsamic vinegar. You do not need to use extra oil, because the kale is already covered in oil. To make this oil free, sub water in place of the oil, you may need more water to lower the acidity of the vinegar.
- Once the vegetables are soft, remove from the oven and add to the kale. Toss with the dressing and top with almonds. Serve and enjoy!