These Easy High-Protein Vegan Brownie Waffles are the ultimate dessert for breakfast! This delicious recipe combines the richness and fudginess of brownies with the perfect soft inside and crunchy outside of traditional waffles. Not only are they delicious, but they're super healthy too! These waffles are made with clean and simple ingredients!
After so many of you guys loved my Vegan Protein Waffles I knew it was time to make another delicious high-protein waffle recipe. I wanted this one to be extra special and perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth like me!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe features several affiliate links, meaning I will earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
- Ingredients For These Vegan Brownie Waffles:
- Why Plant Fusion Is The Best Vegan Protein Powder:
- How To Make These Brownie Waffles:
- Brownie Waffle Variations:
- What You Need To Make These High-Protein Brownie Waffles:
- How To Store Homemade Waffles:
- Top Tip:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Related Chocolate Recipes?
- Easy High Protein Vegan Brownie Waffles
- More PlantFusion Favortie's:
Ingredients For These Vegan Brownie Waffles:
These high-protein vegan brownie waffles are great because they're made with simple and healthy ingredients you can pick up at your local grocery store or order online.
- Oat Flour - There's no need to buy pre-made oat flour, it's super easy to make yourself. Simply add either quick oats or rolled oats to a blender and blend until it resembles smooth flour.
- PlantFusion Chocolate Brownie Complete Lean Protein Powder - I absolutely love this flavor of PlantFusion protein. It's smooth and creamy and doesn't have that artificial sweetness that is often found in protein powders. You can read more about this product in the next section. As always, my code: "NATURALVEGAN" gets you 25% off your entire purchase at PlantFusion.
- Baking Powder - This helps to make the waffles get fluffy on the inside.
- Cacao Powder - Although the protein powder already contains cacao, I like to add a little extra for that perfect rich chocolate brownie flavor. You can also use cocoa powder. It isn't as nutrient-dense, but it will work.
- Date Sugar - Any natural sweetener or sugar will work great. I personally love using date sugar, because it's made from 100% dates. This means it has a lower glycemic index and is full of vitamins and minerals that are typically removed from processed sugars.
- Plant-Based Chocolate Chips - Can you ever have enough chocolate? I don't think so! I love adding just a couple of chocolate chips to these waffles for the ultimate decadent treat!
- Plant-Based Milk - Any plant-based milk will work perfectly in this recipe. I personally love using soy milk. It has a slightly higher fat content than other plant-based milk options which helps keep these brownies super moist. Soy milk also increases the protein content of this recipe.
- Plant-Based Chocolate Syrup/Sauce: I love this chocolate sauce. It's thick, creamy, and naturally sweetened with dates! It's absolutely perfect for topping off these warm waffle brownies.
- Healthiest Vegan Ice Cream - I always keep a batch of my homemade vanilla ice cream on hand for recipes like this that deserve a little extra fun!
See the recipe card for quantities.
Why Plant Fusion Is The Best Vegan Protein Powder:
I love starting my day off with a high-protein breakfast. However, I also prefer having something sweet for breakfast. This is why I love protein powder. It allows me to create delicious sweet breakfast recipes such as these Protein Brownie Waffles that are absolutely delicious and will keep me full for hours.
As much as I love protein powder, it can be tricky to navigate finding a good one, especially a vegan one. Not all protein powders are created equally. There are a couple of things I take into consideration when choosing a protein powder.
The first, and most important is that it is vegan and plant-based. This means that the protein powder is dairy-free and made without any animal products. However, it also means that it is made with health-promoting plant-based foods. This is a huge reason I love PlantFusion so much. All their products are certified vegan, so I never have to worry about that.
The second consideration is what goes into the protein powder. I want to be sure that it is made with simple and clean ingredients. PlantFusion has their Purity Promise which means that their products are certified Gluten-free, and non-GMO, and they are committed to being free of dairy, soy, rice, eggs, nuts, fish, tree nuts, shellfish, artificial flavors, and colors.
Last, but not least, is the flavor/texture. A protein powder could be the healthier protein out there, but if the flavor and texture are off, I won't be able to get past it. Luckily, PlantFusion is extremely healthy, and it tastes delicious. It's smooth and their flavors are always spot on.
As always my PlantFusion discount code: "NATURALVEGAN" gets you 25% off your entire purchase.
How To Make These Brownie Waffles:
I absolutely love making these Brownie Waffles for breakfast, because they're rich and sweet, and they only take about 5-10 minutes to make.
1. Begin by combining all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix until evenly combined. Add the plant-based milk to the mixture and mix until smooth.
2. Spray your waffle maker with cooking spray and pour the mixture into it. Close and cook the waffles until the waffle maker is complete. Remove from the waffle maker and serve with ice cream, whipped cream, or plant-based yogurt and chocolate syrup.
Hint: Even if your waffle maker claims to be nonstick, I recommend using cooking spray to prevent any waffle-sticking disasters.
There are a handful of simple solutions that can be made to these brownie waffles if needed. Here are some of the common ones.
- Flour - You can replace the oat flour with all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, or gluten-free flour. I prefer oat flour because I find it more filling than other flour.
- Sweetener - You can replace the date sugar with any natural sweetener such as pure maple syrup. If you love the taste of box brownie mix, you may want to use maple syrup.
- Protein Powder - If you're not a huge fan of chocolate but you love sweet treats you can use vanilla protein powder instead of chocolate and remove the cacao powder from the original recipe.
Brownie Waffle Variations:
These brownie waffles are great because there are so many fun and delicious ways to mix them up. Here are some of my favorite variations to make.
- Peanut Butter - You can drizzle some peanut butter on top for the ultimate chocolate peanut butter waffles.
- Caramel Sauce - You can drizzle some of my 2-ingredient vegan caramel on top for the perfect brownie waffle sundae.
- Fruity - You can add fresh blueberries and fresh strawberries to the brownie batter or on top for the delicious chocolate fruit treat.
If you love these high-protein waffles make sure to check out my Vegan Protein Waffles!
What You Need To Make These High-Protein Brownie Waffles:
These easy brownie waffles are great because they only take about 5 minutes to make and they require hardly any equipment. Here's what I recommend using to make this recipe.
- Large Mixing Bowl - You will need a large bowl (you can use a medium bowl if you're making a small batch) to mix the brownie waffle batter in.
- Waffle Maker - You will need a waffle maker to make these. Any size waffle maker will work fine.
How To Store Homemade Waffles:
Storing homemade waffles is tricky. Regardless of how you store them, they will inevitably lose their crunch. However, if you store them in an airtight container they will remain fresh. If you want to get the perfect crunch back, you can put them in the toaster! If stored properly these waffles will keep for a full week in the fridge.
If you love the flavor of a traditional brownie, you can whip some melted vegan butter into the waffle batter. This helps give it that ooey gooey taste.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you're not a fan of waffles, you can absolutely turn these Brownie Waffles into pancakes. However, if you are planning on turning these waffles into pancakes, there are a couple of adjustments that you need to make.
First, you will need to add more flour to the mixture. Since a waffle maker immediately cooks both sides immediately, the batter doesn't have to be as thick. However pancakes cook one side at a time, and therefore the mixture has to be a bit thicker to achieve the perfect rounds. I would recommend adding ⅓ cup of oat flour to the original recipe if turning into pancakes.
Related Chocolate Recipes?
Do you love all things chocolate? Make sure to check out some of my other chocolate recipes!
If you try this Easy High Protein Vegan Brownie Waffle Recipe, I’d really love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. I’d also really appreciate a recipe card rating! Make sure to share it on social media and tag @theallnaturalvegan to be featured! Thank you for supporting The All Natural Vegan!
Easy High Protein Vegan Brownie Waffles
- 2 cups plant based milk
- Begin by combining all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and mixing.
- Add the plant-based milk to the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased waffle maker and cook until the waffle maker says it's done.
- Serve immediately with ice cream and chocolate sauce!
More PlantFusion Favortie's:
I love using PlantFusion in my recipes! Here are some of my favorite recent PlantFusion recipes using their Complete Lean Chocolate Brownie Protein Powder!