Today's Hibiscus Margarita Mocktail is the perfect healthy, refreshing, and nutritious mocktail recipe. This sweet and tart margarita variation is sure to be a crowd pleaser. It's easy to make, cold brewed, and naturally sweetened!
What Is The Tea Spot:
Today's Hibiscus Margarita recipe is sponsored by The Tea Spot. The Tea Spot is a brand that I have recently come across, and quickly become obsessed with. If you know me, then you know I am tea lover to my core. I brew multiple teas throughout the day, and I am always looking for new flavors.
There's a few things that are important to me when choosing tea. First, it must be made with clean and quality ingredients. A lot of teas found at your local grocery store contain artificial flavors, preservatives, and unnecessary added ingredients that are harmful for your health. When I drink tea, I want to be sure that I am drinking a super nutritious and health promoting blend. The Tea Spot creates teas that are exactly that.
Second, is the variety of teas and blends they carry. The Tea Spot's selection of teas and tea blends is the most abundant I have ever seen. You name it and they've got it! I've discovered so many tea varieties that I never even knew existed over the past couple months. The convenience of being able to purchase all these varieties at one place is unmatched.
Last, but definitely not last, is what the brand stands for. It is always important to me that I work with brands that have similar values to me. The Tea Spot is a certified B Corp, donates 10% of profits to wellness programs around the world, and their products are handcrafted.
Benefits Of Venus Rising Tea:
I am a true tea fanatic. I have multiple cups throughout the day, and enjoy both hot and iced tea. Regardless of which way I make it, hibiscus tea is my favorite. It's tart and slightly sweet and the vibrant red color is so beautiful!
However I have recently discovered a hibiscus tea blend that is beyond delicious. The Tea Spot Venus Rising Organic Tea Blend. This blend is designed to support overall wellness as well as symptoms of PMS. The ingredients of this tea blend include: organic hibiscus, organic licorice, organic lady’s mantle, organic red raspberry leaf, organic lavender, organic fennel, organic cramp bark, natural flavor, organic St. John’s wort. Talk about a nutritious blend! Some of the benefits of drinking this tea include:
- May Help Lower Blood Pressure: Hibiscus is well known for having blood pressure lowering benefits. Several studies have found that hibiscus tea may lower both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Full Of Antioxidants: This Hibiscus tea blend is full of antioxidant rich herbs.
- Helps Ease Menstrual Cramps: Multiple ingredients in this blend such as Lady's Mantle, Red Raspberry Leaf, and Cramp Bark have been proven to help ease the pain of menstrual cramping and encourage a comfortable cycle.
- Reduce Symptoms Of Depression: St. Johns Wart has been shown to potentially be able to reduce symptoms of depression.
- May Relieve Menopausal Symptoms: Fennel may improve sexual function and satisfaction in menopausal women, as well as relieve hot flashes, vaginal itching, dryness, pain during sex, and sleep disturbances.
Ingredients For This Hibiscus Margarita Mocktail:
- The Tea Spot Venus Rising Loose Leaf Tea- This is one of my favorite Tea Spot blends. It has an incredible taste and is packed full of PMS support herbs.
- Maple Syrup - Any plant based sweetener will work perfectly for this mocktail recipe. I personally love using maple syrup, because it adds a warming flavor and just the right amount of sweetness. However you can also use agave, or date syrup.
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice - Is any margarita complete without a little lime? I don't think so!
- Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice - Is the perfect fruit juice to bring all the flavors of this Hibiscus Margarita together!
What You Need To Make This Hibiscus Margarita:
How To Make This Hibiscus Margarita Mocktail:
This Hibiscus Margarita Mocktail is one of the easiest tea based mocktails you'll ever make. Begin by combining the filtered water and Venus Rising loose leaf tea in any wide mouth mason jar. Secure the Craft Cold Brew lid on top and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is best).
In another large mason jar, combine the maple syrup and fresh squeezed juice from the oranges and limes and mix. Pour the cold brewed tea into the jar and mix again. Pour over ice and enjoy!
Why I Love, And How To Use The Craft Cold Brew Filter:
If there is a single item of 2022 that has changed my life the most, it has to be the Craft Cold Brew Filter. I am not exaggerating when I say that I use this filter multiple times a day, every day. I've always loved the idea of loose leaf tea. You can easily make teas stronger, or weaker based on your preference, it reduces waste, and if you're a tea fanatic like myself, you can buy in bulk!
However brewing loose leaf tea is one of the most tedious and annoying things to do in my opinion. After years of attempting to brew loose leaf tea and wasting so much money on tea filters that were a pain to use (and clean), I have finally found a loose leaf tea filter that checks all my boxes. The Tea Spot Craft Cold Brew Filter is:
- Easy To Use: Simply fill wide mouth mason jar with water and desired amount of tea and twist the lid on. Place in the fridge to cold brew for a couple hours and you're good to go!
- Easy To Clean: To clean the filter all you have to do is rinse off the tea and dry.
- Versatile: Since the filter attaches to any wide mouth mason jar, you can use it with smaller sized jars for a single serve tea, or make large batches with larger jars.
- Environmentally Friendly: Loose Leaf Tea is a great way to reduce waste. The Craft Cold Brew Filter is the perfect easy way to incorporate more loose leaf tea into your diet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can This Hibiscus Margarita Be Made Into A Cocktail?
If you drink alcohol, and are looking to spice this drink up a bit, you can easy make it into a traditional cocktail. To make this Hibiscus Margarita into a cocktail, simply add 1 oz of your favorite tequila to the mix and shake to combine!
Can I Make This Hibiscus Margarita Mocktail Frozen?
This Hibiscus Margarita Mocktail can be enjoyed both frozen and/or on the rocks. If you're like me and prefer to drink your margaritas frozen, here's what you need to do: Make the mocktail as you would, and then pour the finished mixture into a blender with 1 ½ cups of ice. I recommend using a high speed blender to achieve the proper slushy consistency, however any blender will get the job done.
Related Healthy Drink Recipes:
Hibiscus Margarita Mocktail
- 1 ½ tablespoon The Tea Spot Venus Rising loose leaf tea
- 2 cups filtered water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 oranges juiced
- 4 limes juiced
- Begin by combining the filtered water and Venus Rising loose leaf tea in any wide mouth mason jar. Secure the Craft Cold Brew lid on top and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is best).
- In another large wide mouth mason jar, combine the maple syrup and fresh squeezed juice from the oranges and limes and mix. Pour the cold brewed tea into the jar and mix again. Pour over ice and enjoy!