I am so excited to share today’s cold pressed Cucumber Mint Juice with you guys! The summer heat is in full swing, and that means it’s juicing season! This refreshing cold pressed juice is loaded with nutrients and super affordable to make!
Benefits Of Juicing:
What are the benefits of cucumber mint juice? I am relatively new to the juicing world, but I am absolutely hooked! I’ve been juicing for about a year, and I can honestly say I’ve seen major improvements in my overall health.
Juicing Helps To:
- Instantly Increases your vitamin and mineral intake – Juicing is an incredible way to instantly incorporate nutrient dense ingredients into your diet. Since juicing removes the fiber from the fruits and vegetables, your body digests the juice quicker, allowing you to absorb the vitamins and minerals.
- Potential weight loss benefits – Juicing can potentially help you lose weight. I say potentially, because cold pressed juice does not contain less calories, and ultimately weight loss comes down to calories consumed. However if you replace a meal a day with a juice you will begin to lose weight.
- Decrease inflammation – Since juicing is a great way to incorporate all different kinds of foods, you can easily incorporate anti-inflammatory powerhouses into your diet. I love juicing because I can add raw turmeric and ginger to my diet daily.
- Plant based diversity – Plant based diversity is one of the best ways to improve your gut health. However it can be quite difficult to eat such a wide variety of vegetables. This is why I love juicing! juicing helps me to easily incorporate such a wide variety of plants into my diet.
The list goes on! At the end of the day I do not believe that you need to juice to meet your health and wellness goals. However I think it is a great way to take it to the next level. I say this, because I find that juicing helps me to incorporate raw foods that I would not normally include in my diet, such as turmeric, or in the case of this Cucumber Mint Juice: ginger and mint.
Best Cold Pressed Juicer:
It’s absolutely vital that if you are juicing you are using a cold pressed juicer. What is a cold pressed juicer? Why is it important to use a cold pressed juicer? Let me tell you!
A cold pressed juicer is a juicer that never heats the ingredients. This may seem a bit obvious based on the name, but there’s more that goes into it. When you heat foods it breaks enzymes and causes oxidation.
This doesn’t mean heated food is not healthy. It simply means that some of the nutrients are lost. When I am juicing I want to be sure that all of the ingredients I am using are as nutrient dense as possible.
This is why I love my Kuvings C7000 Whole Slow Juicer. It is the perfect easy to use cold press juicer that does it all. You can make juices, smoothies. sorbets, nut milks, and more with this juicer. The best part is it never heats your juices. This Cucumber Mint Juice came out chilled and ready to drink!
I’ve bought cheaper juicers off Amazon previously, and they all ended up breaking, and were a total pain to clean.
The Kuvings C7000 is built to last and is super easy to clean. I find that this has helped me to juice more, because I don’t dread the process. If you are interested in investing in a quality cold pressed juicer, you can use my Kuvings discount code: “NATURALVEGAN” for $40 off your purchase at Kuvings.com.
Why Choosing Organic Is Important For Cold Pressed Juice:
Cold press juicing is an incredible way to incorporate nutrients into your diet. Cold press juicing essentially presses all the good stuff out of produce. However it can also press out the bad stuff. This is why it is crucial to buy organic produce when making a cold pressed juice.
If you do not buy organic produce, let me encourage you to start. I honestly never ate organic foods up until recently. This is because I never really understood how harmful pesticides are. That’s until someone broke it down for me like this: Pesticides kill bugs – our guts are loaded with billions of “good bugs” – when we eat bug killing pesticides we are killing the good bugs in our gut.
It totally clicked after hearing this. I can honestly say that I’ve seen major improvements in my health after making the switch to organic. Yes, it is a bit pricier, but luckily recipes like this Cucumber Mint Juice are still super affordable to make using organic produce.
Ingredients For This Cucumber Mint Juice:
- Cucumbers – Cucumbers are an incredibly hydrating and alkalizing and low calorie vegetable full of antioxidants and Vitamin K
- Mint – Mint is an antioxidant powerhouse that is shown to increase brain function
- Green Apples – Green apples (Granny Smith apples) add the perfect sweetness to this Cucumber Mint Juice while also adding potassium, iron, copper, and zinc!
- Ginger – Ginger adds a kick to this recipe as well as provide anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Limes – Limes add a flavor boos to this juice, as well as Vitamin C and cancer prevention benefits
- Lemons – Lemons work similarly to limes by adding a flavor boost and work to promote digestive health.
How To Make This Cold Pressed Cucumber Mint Juice:
This cold pressed Cucumber Mint Juice is super easy to make, especially if you are using a Kuvings juicer. Before making the juice, it is important that all of your ingredients are washed thoroughly. You can do this by giving them a salt water bath for about 20 minutes.
Next, cut the peel off the lemon and limes. Chop the remaining ingredients into 2 inch or smaller pieces (small enough to fit into the juicer). Begin adding the ingredients alternating between juicy ingredients and firm ingredients.
Release the juice and serve immediately, or store in a glass jar for up to 72 hours in the fridge. If you plan on storing this Cucumber Mint Juice, be sure to shake it before drinking.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is This Apple Cucumber Mint Juice Good For Weight Loss?
This cucumber mint juice recipe is a perfect juice recipe for weight loss. Due to the base of this recipe being cucumbers, it is naturally low in calories. This recipe also uses green apples for natural sweetness which are relatively low in calories and sugar.
Although this juice is good for weight loss, it is not a miracle drink that will make you lose weight. There is no drink that will make you lose weight. Weight loss is a slow process that requires a whole lifestyle switch.
However this Cucumber Mint Juice can assist in that process. If you sub out a meal for this juice, or enjoy this juice as a snack over say a handful of nuts, you will begin to see weight loss results.
Is Mint Good For Juicing?
I find it so fascinating that juice recipes using herbs aren’t more popular. Herbs are loaded with nutrients (and flavor) making them the perfect addition to cold pressed juice.
I love adding mint to my juice recipes, because the flavor goes well with so many fruits and vegetables. Mint is also incredibly healthy. If you choose to add mint to your juice, I would just recommend chopping it into smaller pieces. If you throw the whole stem in it can get backed up in the machine.
Is Cucumber Good For Kidneys?
If you struggle with kidney problems this Cucumber Mint Juice could be a great juice to incorporate into your diet. Cucumber can help lower uric acid levels. This helps your kidneys flush out compounds in your blood.
Cucumbers can also help to dissolve kidney stones. If your kidney stones are severe go see a doctor. However if you drink this juice regularly you may be able to avoid getting kidney stones in the first place!
Cucumber Mint Juice
- 5 cucumbers
- 3 green apples
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 bunch mint
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons
- Begin by cutting the peel off of the lemons and lime.
- Next chop the cucumbers and apples into 2 inch or smaller pieces. Chop the ginger and mint into small bite sized pieces.
- Begin adding the ingredients to the juicer. Make sure to alternate between firm ingredients and juicy ingredients.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in a glass jar for up to 72 hours.