These Vegan Peppermint Overnight Oats are the perfect quick and easy breakfast for Christmas morning! This healthy breakfast is packed full of plant-based protein and made with simple and clean ingredients.
It's no secret that I love making overnight oats recipes. There are so many delicious options and they make the perfect quick and easy breakfast. If you're like me and you love having breakfast ready to go when you wake up, these peppermint oats are for you!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe features several affiliate links, meaning I will earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
Vegan Peppermint Overnight Oats Ingredients:
This peppermint overnight oats recipe is great because it uses simple ingredients you can pick up at your local grocery store.
- Rolled Oats - You can use either rolled oats or quick oats for this peppermint oatmeal. I recommend using rolled oats because they don't get super mushy, or soggy. They're also a bit healthier because they are less processed and take longer to digest.
- Chia Seeds - I absolutely love adding chia seeds to my overnight oats because they help absorb the excess liquid, give the oats a better texture, and increase the fiber and protein content.
- PlantFusion Vanilla Complete Protein - It's no secret that I absolutely love my PlantFusion vegan protein powder. I love their unique flavors, but I also love their simple flavors like their classic vanilla complete protein. This protein is perfect for recipes like these overnight oats because it doesn't overpower all the other flavors. It's the perfect ingredient to compliment strong flavors like peppermint. It also contains 21 grams of protein per serving. As always my code: "NATURALVEGAN" gets you 25% off your purchase!
- Pure Peppermint Extract - Whenever you're choosing an extract, it's important to make sure that the extract is pure and not imitation. Luckily pure peppermint extract is available at most grocery stores.
- Beetroot Powder - You can use a plant-based natural red food coloring, or a whole foods food coloring such as beetroot powder. I personally opt for the latter, because it is more nutritious and it's a single ingredient. I love using PlantFusion's Beetroot powder because it's fermented. Again, my code: "NATURALVEGAN" gets you 25% off!
- Plant-Based Milk - Any plant-based milk will work great for this recipe. I personally always use soy milk when I am making overnight oats, because I think it has the most neutral flavor, and it is thick and creamy. If you don't like soy milk, I would recommend using almond milk or coconut milk.
- Plant-Based Yogurt - I recommend using a coconut milk-based vegan yogurt. I think it has the best flavor, and it pairs best with overnight oats.
- Candy Canes (optional) - Although this recipe doesn't need candy canes, it's so much fun to add them! Make sure to get a naturally colored brand of candy canes to avoid unhealthy artificial dyes.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make These Peppermint Overnight Oats:
These Peppermint Overnight Oats are the perfect oatmeal recipe for a busy morning during the holiday season.
1. Begin by adding all the rolled oats, chia seeds, protein powder, and beetroot powder together in a medium bowl and mixing until combined.
2. Add the plant-based milk and pure peppermint extract to the bowl and mix until smooth and there are no clumps of ingredients. Place in the fridge to rest for at least three hours, or overnight.
3. The next day once the oats have thickened, begin assembling the candy cane jar. Place a large scoop of oats first, then a scoop of vegan yogurt, and repeat this step until it resembles a candy cane. Top with crushed candy canes and enjoy!
Best Vegan Protein Powder For Overnight Oats:
I get asked all the time what the best vegan protein powder is for overnight oats. A lot of the time plant plant-based protein powders can have a thick chalky texture, or they can be loaded with refined sugars and artificial flavors.
I always tell people to try PlantFusion! PlantFusion has been my go-to protein for years! It tastes great for breakfast foods like oatmeal, waffles, and pancakes, but also in desserts, or sweet treats! I truly love every one of their products (the complete meal line has to be my favorite if I were to choose one).
If you've been let down by vegan protein powders in the past, I strongly recommend trying PlantFusion. Not only do their products taste amazing, but they also have a Purity Promise.
Their Purity Promise states they are: committed to being free of dairy, soy, rice, eggs, nuts, fish, tree nuts, shellfish, artificial flavors and colors as well as being certified Non-GMO, Vegan, and Gluten Free. Therefore you know you're getting the highest quality and best protein powder out there.
As always my discount code: "NATURALVEGAN" gets you 25% off your entire PlantFusion purchase!
There are a handful of easy substitutions that can be made to this recipe is necessary. Here are a couple of common ones:
- Chia Seeds - You can replace the chia seeds in these overnight oats with a handful of other seeds. I love using ground flax seeds or hemp seeds.
- Milk - You can use unsweetened almond milk if you want these oats to be lower in calories.
- Yogurt - If you're not vegan or dairy-free, you can use greek yogurt to add additional protein to this oatmeal.
Peppermint Overnight Oats Variations:
There are a couple of fun ways to mix up these peppermint overnight oats. Here are some of my favorite variations.
- Chocolate Peppermint Overnight Oats - You can add 1-2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder and use chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla for a peppermint mocha overnight oats twist. You can also add a handful of vegan chocolate chips for added crunch.
- Extra Sweet - If you prefer your overnight oats extra sweet you can add a tablespoon of pure maple syrup to the oatmeal to add sweetness.
What You Will Need To Make This Overnight Oats Recipe:
Overnight oats are great because they require hardly any equipment and they are so easy to make. Here's what I recommend using.
- Medium Bowl - I find that it is so much easier to mix the oats in a medium bowl rather than in the mason jar.
- Mason Jar - Any tall jar or cup will work perfectly. Mason jars are great because you can easily store them.
How To Store These Peppermint Overnight Oats:
Overnight oats recipes like these peppermint overnight oats are probably one of the easiest foods to store. I recommend storing them in an airtight container like a mason jar for best results. If stored properly they will keep for a full week.
Frequently Asked Questions:
PlantFusion has an abundance of plant-based proteins that are all delicious (seriously I have tried them all, and there isn't one that I dislike). Therefore if you are looking to use one of their more specific proteins to target a specific need, and you are looking to make these overnight oats, you absolutely can!
I wouldn't recommend using one of their special flavors like red velvet, cookies and cream, or vanilla chai, because they will change the flavor. However, any other protein will work. You can even use the Collagen Builder line for an added beauty boost!
Related High Protein Overnight Oats Recipes:
Looking for more delicious overnight oats recipes? Make sure to check out some of my other recipes!
If you try this Vegan Peppermint Overnight Oats recipe, I’d really love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. I’d also really appreciate a recipe card rating! Thank you for supporting The All Natural Vegan!
Vegan Peppermint Overnight Oats
- Begin by adding all the rolled oats, chia seeds, protein powder, and beetroot powder together in a medium bowl and mixing until combined.
- Add the plant-based milk and pure peppermint extract to the bowl and mix until smooth and there are no clumps of ingredients. Place in the fridge to rest for at least three hours, or overnight.
- The next day once the oats have thickened, begin assembling the candy cane jar. Place a large scoop of oats first, then a scoop of vegan yogurt, and repeat this step until it resembles a candy cane. Top with crushed candy canes and enjoy!
More Peppermint Treats For The Holiday Season:
Love all things peppermint? Make sure to check out some of the delicious peppermint treats on my website!