I am so excited to share today's Peppermint Overnight Oats recipe with you guys! This high protein vegan overnight oats recipe is packed full of healthy ingredients and perfect for the holiday season. It's easy to make, perfect for meal prep, and so much fun!
Ingredients For These Peppermint Overnight Oats:
- Rolled Oats - You can use either rolled oats, or quick oats for these Peppermint Overnight Oats. I recommend using rolled oats, because they don't get super mushy, or soggy. They're also a bit healthier, because they take longer to digest.
- Chia Seeds - I absolutely love adding chia seeds to overnight oats, because they help to absorb the excess liquid, give the oats a better texture, and increase the fiber and protein content.
- PlantFusion Vanilla Complete Protein - It's no secret that I absolutely love my PlantFusion. I love their unique flavors, but I also love their simple flavors like their classic vanilla complete protein. This protein is perfect for recipes like these overnight oats, because it doesn't take over all the other flavors. It's the perfect ingredient to compliment strong flavors like peppermint. As always my coded: "NATURALVEGAN" gets you 25% off your purchase!
- Pure Peppermint Extract - Whenever you're choosing an extract, it's important to make sure that the extract is pure and not imitation. Luckily pure peppermint extract is available at most grocery stores.
- Beetroot Powder - You can use a plant based red food coloring, or use a whole foods food coloring such as beetroot powder. I personally opt for the latter, because it is more nutritious, and it's a single ingredient. I get mine from Rawnice - "NATURALVEGAN15" for 15% off!
- Plant Based Milk - Any plant based milk will work great for this recipe. I personally always use soy milk when I am making overnight oats, because I think it has the most neutral flavor, and it is thick and creamy. If you don't like soy milk, I would recommend using almond milk.
- Plant Based Yogurt - I recommend using a coconut milk based vegan yogurt. I think they have the best flavor, and they pair best with overnight oats.
- Candy Canes (optional) - Although this recipe doesn't need candy canes, it's so much fun to add them! Make sure to get a naturally colored brand of candy canes to avoid unhealthy artificial dyes.
How To Make These Peppermint Overnight Oats:
These Peppermint Overnight Oats are super easy to make just like any other overnight oats recipe. All you need is a medium bowl, and then a glass cup, or jar to serve.
Begin by adding all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Mix and then add in the plant based milk and pure peppermint extract. Mix until smooth and there are no clumps of ingredients. Place in the fridge to rest for at least three hours, or overnight.
Once the oats have thickened, or the they have soaked overnight, prepare the candy cane jar. Place a large scoop of oats first, then a scoop of vegan yogurt. Repeat this step until it resembles a candy cane. Top with crushed candy canes and enjoy!
These overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 72 hours. Make sure to keep the oats and yogurt separate, then assembling the candy cane the day of. If the oats dry out a bit, it is okay! Simple add a bit of plant based milk, mix, and allow them to soak for about 10 minutes. This should revive your overnight oats and make them smooth and creamy again!
Best Vegan Protein Powder For Overnight Oats:
I get asked all the time what the best vegan protein powder is for overnight oats. A lot of the time plant based protein powders can have a thick chalky textures, or they can be loaded with refined sugars and artificial flavors.
I always tell people to try PlantFusion! PlantFusion has been my go-to protein for years! It tastes great for breakfast foods like oatmeal, waffles, pancakes, but also in desserts, or sweet treats! I truly love every one of their products (the complete meal line has too be my favorite if I were to choose one).
If you've been let down by vegan protein powders in the past, I strongly recommend trying PlantFusion. Not only do their products taste amazing, but they also have their Purity Promise.
Their Purity Promise states they are: committed to being free of dairy, soy, rice, eggs, nuts, fish, tree nuts, shellfish, artificial flavors and colors as well as being certified Non-GMO, Vegan, and Gluten Free. Therefore you know you're getting the highest quality and best protein powder out there.
As always my discount code: "NATURALVEGAN" gets you 25% off your entire PlantFusion purchase!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Make These Peppermint Mocha Overnight Oats?
If you're looking for a super easy way to mix these Peppermint Overnight Oats up, make Peppermint Mocha Overnight Oats! In order to make these oats peppermint-y and chocolate-y, all you have to do is substitute the vanilla protein for a chocolate based protein, and add 2 teaspoon of cacao powder to the oats.
Instead of adding the beetroot powder to the oats, add it to half the yogurt. This way you can have chocolate, red, and white. This gives it the perfect peppermint mocha look!
Can I Use Any PlantFusion Protein Powder For This Recipe?
PlantFusion has an abundance of plant based proteins that are all delicious (seriously I have tried them all, and there isn't one that I dislike). Therefore if you are looking to use one of their more specific proteins to target a specific need, and you are looking to make these overnight oats, you absolutely can!
I wouldn't recommend using one of their special flavors like red velvet, cookies and cream, or vanilla chai, because they will change the flavor. However any other protein will work. You can even use the Collagen Builder line for an added beauty boost!
Related High Protein Overnight Oats Recipes:
- Cookies And Cream Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Baked Oats
- Chocolate Raspberry Overnight Oats
- Peach Mango Overnight Oats
Peppermint Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 scoops PlantFusion Vanilla Complete Protein "NATURALVEGAN" for 25% off
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon beetroot powder
- 2 ½ cups plant based milk
- ½ cup vegan yogurt
- Begin by adding all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Mix and then add in the plant based milk and pure peppermint extract. Mix until smooth and there are no clumps of ingredients.
- Place in the fridge to rest for at least three hours, or overnight.
- Once the oats have thickened, or the they have soaked overnight, prepare the candy cane jar. Place a large scoop of oats first, then a scoop of vegan yogurt. Repeat this step until it resembles a candy cane. Top with crushed candy canes and enjoy!