Nothing gets me in the Christmas spirit more than peppermint vegan candy candy cane cookies! These fun healthy vegan Christmas cookies are created using natural peppermint flavor, and superfood based food coloring. This healthy candy cane cookie recipe is Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and whole foods plant based!
There is only a little bit of time left until Christmas, so it is time for the cookies to get a little more festive! These candy cane cookies were a classic in my family growing up. This recipe is inspired by the classic cookie, however these vegan candy cane cookies are much different. First, and most obviously, these cookies are healthy and vegan. I created these plant based Christmas cookies using only whole foods plant based ingredients. I've been creating a lot of healthy whole foods plant based Christmas cookies this year, here are some of my favorites:
- Samoa Truffles
- Plant Based Gingerbread Cookies
- Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Pecan Pretzel Cookies
Natural Plant Based food colorings:
These vegan candy cane cookies contain no artificial ingredients. The bright pink color you see actually comes from Rawnice Pink Pitaya superfood powder. I have talked about Rawnice before, and I am completely obsessed with their products. I love them because their superfood powders are not only free of harmful artificial food colorings, but because they also contain superfoods! Therefore you are eliminating the harmful ingredients while also adding the healthy ingredients. I mean, can you say goals!? The good news is that I have a discount code: "NATURALVEGAN15" for 15% off your order, shop now!
Serving these Vegan Candy Cane Cookies:
Okay, but how obsessed are we with these Coconut Bowls Cups? I just purchased these cups, and I want to use them for everything. Now, don't get me wrong, I still absolutely love my original Coconut Bowls, but these little cups are just so freaking cute! I loved serving these candy canes in the cups, it was a match made in heaven! As always my code "COCO-NV-10" gets you 10% off your Coconut Bowls purchase!
Ingredients for these Candy Cane Cookies:
- Gluten-free flour
- Oat flour
- Vegan yogurt
- Maple Crystals
- Apple sauce
- Pure peppermint extract
- Rawnice Pink Pitaya Powder
Vegan Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 Mixer
- 1 ⅓ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup vegan yogurt Kite Hill
- ⅓ cup maple crystals
- ⅓ cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoon Rawnice Pink Pitaya Powder
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375.
- Add all the dry ingredients together except the pink pitaya powder in a mixer, then add all the wet ingredients. Mix until dough is achieved.
- Split in half, then mix the pink pitaya powder with one half of the dough.
- Remove from the bowl and roll into logs. Braid the logs together and shape into candy canes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then allow to cool before eating. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply