This Cinnamon Roll Latte recipe is the ultimate healthy yet indulgent homemade latte for any coffee lover with a sweet tooth. This recipe is made with clean and simple ingredients and does not require an espresso machine! This sweet treat is naturally sweetened, and dairy-free.
A fun fact about myself is I worked as a barista throughout college. Working at the coffee shop was one of my favorite jobs, I truly loved it. Throughout my years working there I came up with all kinds of delicious coffee recipes. However many of those recipes were packed full of simple syrup and heavy cream.
The good news is you can still enjoy delicious lattes and coffees without all the unhealthy stuff. After seeing how many of you guys loved my Iced Gingerbread Latte, I knew it was time to start creating more coffee recipes!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe features several affiliate links, meaning I will earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
Ingredients For This Cinnamon Roll Latte:
his Cinnamon Roll Latte is my favorite quick and easy comforting drink on warm and cold days. This recipe uses simple ingredients you probably already have, or can quickly pick up at your local grocery store.
- Instant Coffee - If you plan to make this an iced latte with whipped coffee, instant coffee is a necessity. It's the key to making whipped coffee. I recommend using an instant espresso. I've linked my favorite! If you plan to make this as a hot coffee, you can use fresh shots of espresso.
- Coconut Sugar - I like to use coconut sugar when making whipped coffee because it is unrefined and contains essential vitamins and minerals.
- Ground Cinnamon - This cinnamon latte would not be complete without a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Caramel - I think my 2 ingredient vegan caramel is what really takes this recipe to the next level. It takes 5 minutes to make, is naturally sweetened, and is completely oil-free!
- Nut Pods Cinnamon Dolce Barista Oat Milk - This recipe would be incomplete without this plant-based milk. It's incredibly flavorful (tastes like cinnamon toast crunch cereal milk in my opinion), sugar-free, and only 70 calories per cup! You can use my code: "THEALLNATURALVEGAN" for 15% off your Nut Pods order!
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make This Cinnamon Roll Latte:
This Vegan Cinnamon latte is fantastic because it only requires a couple of steps and no crazy equipment or fancy espresso machines.
Begin by using the milk frother to make rings around a tall glass with the vegan caramel. This gives it the traditional cinnamon roll look. All you have to do to do this is dip the coil of the frother in the caramel and then hover it in the glass. Turn it on and the caramel will fly to the sides of the glass. Repeat several times. I like to sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on the caramel as well.
Combine the instant coffee, coconut sugar, and water together in a small glass. Use your handheld milk frother to whip the coffee. This should only take 1-2 minutes to do.
Add ice and the Nut Pods Cinnamon Dolce Barista Oat Milk.
Top with the whipped coffee and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and enjoy!
Hint: Mix the iced latte with a straw thoroughly before drinking to enjoy all the flavors simultaneously.
Whether you need to substitute a particular ingredient due to an allergy, or unavailability, or you simply prefer something else, there are plenty of easy substitutions that can be made to this recipe.
- Instant Coffee - if you're not a fan of instant coffee, any traditional coffee or espresso will work perfectly. If you use coffee instead of espresso, try to use a dark roast or a strong cold brew.
- Milk - although I believe that the Nut Pods oat milk makes a difference in this recipe and is a necessity, any plant-based milk will work perfectly.
- Coconut Sugar - you can use any granulated sweetener for this cinnamon roll latte. I like coconut sugar because it has the right balance of sweetness, however brown sugar, stevia, and maple crystals all work great. You can also use a liquid sweetener like maple syrup, however, it won't froth up quite the same.
This cinnamon roll latte is great because there are so many amazing variations to try!
- White Chocolate - add 1 tablespoon of Nut Pods Sweetened White Chocolate Creamer (sugar-free) to make this a white chocolate cinnamon roll latte.
- Chai Spice - add a variety of spices such as nutmeg, cloves, allspice, etc. for a richer flavor.
- Caffeine Free - you can either use decaf coffee/espresso or use my favorite caffeine-free coffee substitute: Dandy Blend.
This Cinnamon Roll Latte Recipe is great because it requires very little equipment, so it's perfect for kitchens of all kinds. All you will need to make this latte is:
- Tall Glass - This recipe makes 1 large iced latte so it's important to use a glass that won't overflow.
- Hand-Held Milk Frother - any hand-held milk frother works perfectly.
As always you can find all my go-to equipment on my Amazon storefront or my affiliate page.
How To Store This Cinnamon Roll Latte:
Storing coffee isn't something I would recommend. However, there are ways to store parts of this Cinnamon Roll Latte so that you can easily make it whenever you are ready.
First, I'd recommend making the 2 Ingredient Vegan Caramel ahead of time. I make a large batch and always keep it ready to go in my fridge.
Second, you can make cold brew iced coffee ahead of time to avoid having to make the espresso potion of the latte.
Lastly, using Nut Pods is great because they are pantry stable before opening and they already have all the flavors ready to go!
You may need to warm up the caramel slightly before using it. You can do this by mixing it a lot, or placing it in the microwave for 10 seconds intervals and stirring in between.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Making a Cinnamon Roll Latte at home can be tricky, especially if you want to make it healthy. Most coffee shops loaded up their cinnamon lattes with cinnamon syrup and whole milk.
However, this healthy vegan cinnamon roll latte is made with clean ingredients and natural flavors from the cinnamon dolce oat milk.
The reason the Nut Pods Barista Oat Milk is so great for making lattes is that it is higher in fat. This makes it creamier and more dairy-like. It doesn't have anywhere near the fat or calories of dairy milk, so you do not need to worry about it being unhealthy.
Related Vegan Lattes And Coffee Recipes:
Looking for other vegan lattes and coffee recipes like this? Try these:
If you try this Vegan Cinnamon Roll Latte recipe, I’d really love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. I’d also really appreciate a recipe card rating! Thank you for supporting The All Natural Vegan!
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Latte
For The Whipped Coffee:
- 2-3 teaspoon instant espresso
- 1-2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
For The Latte:
- 1 cup Nut Pods Cinnamon Dolce Barista Oat Milk
- 2 teaspoon 2 ingredient vegan caramel
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- Begin by adding the instant coffee, coconut sugar, and water together in a small glass.
- Use your handheld milk frother to whip the coffee. This should only take 1-2 minutes to do.
- Once the coffee is whipped, prepare the caramel according to the recipe instructions.
- Use the milk frother again to make rings around a tall glass. This gives it the traditional cinnamon roll look. All you have to do to do this is dip the coil of the frother in the caramel and then hover it in the glass. Turn it on and the caramel will fly to the sides of the glass. Repeat several times. I like to sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on the caramel as well.
- Add ice and the Nut Pods Cinnamon Dolce Barista Oat Milk. Top with the whipped coffee and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and enjoy!
NEW! 🌟Vegan Cinnamon Roll Latte 🌟 I am so excited to share today’s vegan cinnamon roll latte recipe with you guys! This latte is the perfect sweet, creamy, and indulgent coffee to make at home. The best part is it’s so healthy, which makes it the perfect everyday latte! I am so excited to start sharing content with one of my all-time favorite brands @nutpods !! Their plant based coffee creamers are the best. They’re naturally sweetened, made without any weird ingredients, and the taste is unmatched! I usually always get my @nutpods products from the grocery store, but recently I discovered the insane variety of flavors they have on their website! Let’s just say this latte is the first of many 🙌 Starting today, my code: “THEALLNATURALVEGAN” gets you $$ off your purchase (link in bio). Now for this latteeeeee!! This recipe is: vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free! You can find the full recipe and in depth instructions and helpful hints on my website, or you can google: cinnamon roll latte the all natural vegan and it’ll pop right up! Enjoy 💕 #vegancoffee #coffee #coffeetime #coffeelover #coffeevideo #coffeegram #latteartgram #lattegram #homemadelatte #homemadecoffee #dairyfreecoffee #dairyfreerecipes #dairyfreeglutenfree #healthyvegan [email protected]♬ Lottery (feat. LU KALA) - Latto
- Wash hands before handling food
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
Related Cinnamon Recipes:
Are you a fellow cinnamon lover? Check out more of my cinnamon recipes!
Love that this recipe is naturally sweetened! Still super tasty and sooo good!
This is such a great idea and a great trick with the frother! This vegan cinnamon roll latte is so delicious ... thanks for the idea and recipe!
I love that this recipe does not require an espresso machine! the homemade caramel is what makes this drink incredible!
Oh Barista days! I can see where all your wonderful creativity comes from now. This vegan cinnamon roll latte is just amazing. Such a clever concept, yet really quite simple.
the flavor of this latte turned out amazing! so sweet and delish!