This Dandelion Green Detox Juice is the ultimate nutrient-dense juice to help the body flush out harmful substances. Dandelion leaves are the perfect leafy greens to start incorporating into your green juices. It has a variety of health benefits and supports healthy digestion! This cold-pressed juice is the perfect refreshing drink to make this summer!
Summer is quickly approaching, and that means it's time to bring out the juicer again. Juicing is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. There's nothing like nutritious juice on a hot day!
I've started testing many different cold-pressed juice recipes since my Golden Beet Juice and my Turmeric Ginger Glow Juice have had so much success. Although I absolutely love those juice recipes, and I make them frequently, I knew it was time to add another green juice to the blog!
- Health Benefits Of Dandelion Juice:
- Dandelion Green Detox Juice Ingredients:
- How To Make Dandelion Green Detox Juice:
- Dandelion Juice Substitutions:
- What You Need To Make Dandelion Juice:
- How To Store Dandelion Juice:
- Top Tip
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Related Cold-Pressed Juices:
- Dandelion Green Detox Juice
- Food Safety:
- Recent Plant-Based Recipes:
Health Benefits Of Dandelion Juice:
Dandelion greens as well as the dandelion root are packed full of health benefits. Some of the potential benefits of this leafy green include:
- Rich In Antioxidants - Antioxidants help to fight free radicals (harmful compounds) in the body. Dandelions contain beta-carotene and polyphenols which are two powerful antioxidants that can protect the body from cell damage and oxidative stress.
- Supports Weight Loss - Dandelions can help to support weight loss by supporting digestion due to their natural diuretic effect, improving carbohydrate function, and reducing fat absorption!
- Aid In Blood Sugar Management - There are two bioactive compounds (chicoric and chlorogenic acid) that may help decrease blood sugar levels.
- May Lower Blood Pressure - Since dandelion is a natural diuretic, it can help rid the body of excess water which can help decrease blood pressure levels.
There is still plenty of research to be done on dandelion juice since there is still little research, however, the evidence we do have is enough to make me want to have this leafy vegetable every day! You can find more information here.
Dandelion Green Detox Juice Ingredients:
This Dandelion green juice is perfect because the ingredients are simple and easy to find!
- Pineapple - Since the remaining ingredients in this dandelion juice have a bitter taste, I like to use a super sweet fruit like pineapple for the base of this green juice. Pineapple is full of Vitamin C as well!
- Kale - I love adding kale to my green juice recipes because it is incredibly healthy and full of antioxidants, Vitamin C, and Vitamin K.
- Dandelion Greens - Dandelion greens are a bit tricky to find at local grocery stores, however, they are available at major health foods stores like Sprouts and Whole Foods.
- Lemon - I love adding lemon juice to all my fresh plant juices because it adds such a refreshing element.
- Lime - I love adding lime juice as well because it has a similar refreshing effect.
- Celery - To increase the water content of this juice, I love adding celery. It's nutritious and low calorie, therefore it helps to balance out the sugar and calories of the sweet pineapple.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Dandelion Green Detox Juice:
If you're new to juicing, this dandelion juice is a great juice to start with. It only requires a few simple steps, and it's customizable.
Begin by peeling the pineapple, lemons, and limes. Cut the pineapple into large chunks.
Add the ingredients to the juicer, alternating between juicy ingredients and leafy ingredients.
Open the juice tab and fill up the juice container.
Serve over ice and enjoy!
Hint: dandelion leaves juice best when they're juicing with the pineapple, so add those ingredients to the juicer around the same time.
Dandelion Juice Substitutions:
If you need to substitute a particular ingredient for whatever reason, there are plenty of easy substitutions that can be made to this dandelion juice recipe.
- Green Apple- instead of pineapple, you can use granny smith apples for a lower-sugar green juice.
- Greens - You can replace the kale with any leafy green, or you can add additional leafy greens like spinach, collards, arugula, etc.
Be sure to check out my Instagram for more delicious juice combinations!
What You Need To Make Dandelion Juice:
Equipment can significantly impact the quality of juice.
I've been juicing for years, and I can't recommend my Kuving's REVO830 enough. Kuving's makes the best juicers in my opinion. I've used other juicers in the past and I ran into all the common problems people face with juicers: it gets backed up, it's hard to clean, it heats the ingredients up, you name it and I've dealt with it.
I love the REVO830, because it truly excels in all the places I previously mentioned having issues with. It has never gotten backed up when juicing, and the two chutes make juicing as simple as can be.
The cleaning process is a breeze thanks to the special brush that is included.
My favorite feature of the juicer is that it is a cold-pressed slow juicer. This means that the ingredients are never heated, and therefore retain all their nutrient. When I juice it is super important to me that I am making the most nutrient-dense juice possible.
If you're interested in investing in a Kuving's Juicer, you can always use my code: "NATURALVEGAN" for 10% off (AKA $70 off the REVO830) at Kuvings.com.
How To Store Dandelion Juice:
Another reason I love the Kuving's REVO830 is that it allows you to store your cold-pressed juices for longer. Their website states that the juice can be stored in the fridge for up to 72 hours. However, I found that you can push this up to 5 days in the fridge for most juice recipes.
I recommend storing this dandelion juice in glass jars with lids to avoid harmful BPAs from plastic containers.
Make sure to use quality produce. It's best to use organic and ripe fruits and vegetables.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Dandelion juice is safe for most people to drink every day. Dandelion is a natural diuretic, so it's important to drink plenty of water if you plan to drink this dandelion green juice frequently.
Dandelion greens are a great green to include in your diet. They are packed full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. I find that juicing them is the best way to include them in a healthy lifestyle.
Related Cold-Pressed Juices:
Looking for more fresh plant juices like this dandelion juice? Try these:
If you try this Dandelion Green Detox Juice recipe, I’d really love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. I’d also really appreciate a recipe card rating! Thank you for supporting The All Natural Vegan!
Dandelion Green Detox Juice
- 1 Kuvings Juicer "NATURALVEGAN" for 10% off!
- 1 pineapple
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 bunch dandelion leaves start with ½ bunch and add more to taste
- 2 lemons
- 1 lime
- Begin by peeling the pineapple, lemons, and limes. Cut the pineapple into large chunks.
- Add the ingredients to the juicer, alternating between juicy ingredients and leafy ingredients.
- Open the juice tab and fill up the juice container.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
NEW! 🌟Dandelion Green Detox Juice 🌟 Happy Monday friends! I’ve got the perfect green juice for you guys today! This recipe is sweet and packed full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals! I’ve become obsessed with juicing with my @kuvingsusa REVO830 juicer. It’s incredibly easy to use and clean, and all the juices come out smooth and cold thanks to its cold pressed abilities! You can learn more about this juicer with the link in my bio! You can find the full recipe to this juice and other delicious cold pressed juices on my website: theallnaturalvegan.com! Enjoy 💕 #coldpressedjuice #coldpressedjuices #greenjuice #greenjuices #detoxjuice #dandeliongreens #dandelions #healthyjuice #juicingforhealth #juicingforweightloss #healthyfood♬ Cruel Summer - Taylor Swift
It's always important to practice safe habits whenever in the kitchen.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Do not stick your hands or anything foreign into an active juicer.
See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
Recent Plant-Based Recipes:
These are some of my latest plant-based meals and creations!:
This is the fist time I have used dandelion on my smoothie, and I loved it! Adding this one to my smoothies rotation!
I tried dandelion greens for the first time with this juice, and they are so delicious! Thanks for introducing me to them and this tasty way to use them.
I am obsessed with this juice!! It is so good and incredibly easy to make. Perfect for summer! Thank you!
This is so delicious! A great and easy to follow recipe!
The ultimate healthy juice! Loved it!
I've been getting tons of dandelion greens from my CSA and wondered what I could do with them besides salads. This juice is perfect!