I am so excited to bring you all today's recipe: Vegan Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies! In lieu of Valentine's day I wanted to bring you guys the ultimate vegan romantic treat. Is it possible to go wrong with chocolate anything? I don't think so. These vegan red velvet brownies are not only loaded with healthy plant based protein, but they are also full of nutrient dense ingredients! I am always making delicious vegan brownie recipes here, and have plenty up on my blog already. If you're interested in more plant based brownie recipes, here are some of my creations:
- Paleo Sweet Potato Brownies
- Date Sweetened Brownies
- Eggplant Mesquite Brownies
- Best Vegan Mint Chocolate Brownies
What makes these Vegan Red Velvet brownies taste like red velvet:
Honestly, up until creating this Vegan Red Velvet Brownie recipe I didn't really understand what the difference between red velvet and chocolate cake was. Obviously I know what red velvet tastes like, and I know that it is red, however I wasn't sure what exactly was the difference. After doing some research I discovered that traditional red velvet cakes do not even use red food coloring, and are made with simple non-dutched cocoa. This is essentially just a more processed cocoa. How did I make these vegan red velvet cheesecake brownies taste like red velvet? With PlantFusion of course!
I love PlantFusion's plant based protein powders. I am always creating new all natural recipes with their products! Today's Vegan Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownie recipe uses one of my favorite products from them: PlantFusion Red Velvet Complete Protein. I love this protein, because it tastes exactly like Red Velvet cake. It is made with simple and clean ingredients. It's perfect for these brownies, my Red Velvet Baked Oats, or simply just a protein shake! As always my PlantFusion discount code "NATURALVEGAN" gets you 25% off your entire purchase!
How to make fudgy vegan brownies:
If the brownie isn't fudgy, I don't want it! Who can relate? There's nothing worse than craving a delicious gooey brownie and ending up with a piece of cake claiming to be a brownie. You may be thinking this recipe may turn out like cake, considering red velvet is a cake flavor. However this Vegan Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownie recipe is the definition of a fudgy vegan brownie. But wait, it gets better. This vegan red velvet brownie recipe is this comes out perfectly without any oil, or vegan butter! I love when my all natural recipes come out perfectly without any unhealthy ingredients, because it proves that we can still enjoy all the foods we know and love without any of the harmful ingredients!
Why make these Vegan Red Velvet Brownies:
These Vegan Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies are fudgy and delicious. However they are also super healthy! Whenever I am working to create a new recipe, I make an effort to focus on making sure that the recipe is not only free of the bad stuff, but also full of health promoting ingredients. These vegan red velvet brownies check both of those boxes! Traditional red velvet foods are full of artificial colors, refined sugars, and dairy. These are all no-go's for me!
These red velvet vegan brownies are healthy because they are: naturally sweetened with dates, made with whole foods plant based gluten-free flours, and free of oil! If you choose to make these cream cheese brownies with my Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting, you will also be cutting out the dairy. By cutting out the dairy, you will be replacing it with healthy whole foods plant based ingredients (yay for healthy swaps!).
How to make vegan Valentine’s day treats red naturally:
Like I said previously the PlantFusion Red Velvet Complete Protein is not red, and therefore will not dye your foods red. You could use artificial food coloring to dye these brownies. However there are ways that you can make these Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies vibrant red without using any artificial colors. Can someone say goals?
I strictly avoid food colorings, because they are loaded with harsh ingredients, and even things such as crushed beetles (yuck!). For awhile I just didn't care about coloring my food, but eventually I began to miss all the color in foods that I grew up loving, such as red velvet cake. After searching the internet for awhile I discovered Rawnice. I am in love! Rawnice not only makes vegan food colorings that are free of artificial colors, but also made from superfoods! I love adding the powders to everything for a beautiful nutrition boost!
If you are not a fan of dying your food, but are still looking for the perfect Valentine's day vegan treat, check out some of my other decadent plant based desserts:
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Peanut Butter Balls
- Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
- Raspberry Crumble Dessert Pizza
Ingredients for these Vegan Red Velvet Brownies:
- Medjool dates
- PlantFusion Red Velvet Complete Protein "NATURALVEGAN" for 25% off!
- Almond flour
- Plant based milk
- Oat flour
- 100% Dar chocolate bat
- Baking powder
- Apple Cider vinegar
- Vanilla extract
- Rawnice Beetroot powder "NATURALVEGAN15" for 15% off!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 cup medjool dates If not using a high speed blender, soaking ahead of time is recommended.
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 3 scoops PlantFusion Red Velvet Complete Protein
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 bar 100% cacao dark chocolate melted
- 1 tablespoon Rawnice Beetroot Powder
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoon water.
- ¾ cup Plant based milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup cashew cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a high speed blender combine the pitted dates, melted chocolate, and remaining liquid ingredients (except flax eggs). Blend until smooth.
- Add the PlantFusion Red Velvet protein and blend again.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients. Add flax egg and blender mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into a lined brownie dish and top with cashew cream cheese frosting. Use a knife to make swirls. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving, enjoy!