I am so excited to share today's Gingerbread Overnight Oats! These Gingerbread oats are the perfect quick and easy festive breakfast. They're full of flavor and plant based protein to keep you full all day long.
Ingredients For Gingerbread Overnight Oats:
- Rolled Oats - Both rolled oats and quick oats will work perfectly for this recipe. I personally always recommend using rolled oats, because they don't get as mushy, and they are slightly healthier.
- Chia Seeds - I love adding chia seeds to my overnight oats, because they soak up all the excess liquid, which helps to create the perfect thick and creamy texture. I also love adding them to add more fiber and protein to the blend.
- PlantFusion Vanilla Complete Protein - It's no secret that PlantFusion is my go-to plant based protein powder. I truly believe they make the best vegan protein. The taste and texture are incredible, each blend is crafted to target specific needs, and all their products are made with clean and simple ingredients. As always, my PlantFusion discount code: "NATURALVEGAN" gets you 25% off your entire purchase!
- Blackstrap Molasses - Any molasses will work, however I recommend using blackstrap, because it contains more nutrients than regular molasses. It does have a slightly bitter taste (you probably won't even notice), however it still works perfectly to give this recipe that classic gingerbread taste.
- Ginger - Of course this Gingerbread Overnight Oats recipe has to include ginger. If you don't like a lot of spice in your gingerbread, start with a little and work your way up. You can also use fresh ginger, but a little goes a long way.
- Cinnamon - It may be an unpopular opinion, but I believe that cinnamon is just as important as ginger. Not only does it add flavor, but it also adds sweetness.
- Nutmeg - I personally love gingerbread cookies with a lot of spice. Although nutmeg is not as important of a spice as other spices used in these gingerbread oats, it still adds lots of flavor.
- Cloves - Just like nutmeg, cloves aren't absolutely necessary, but they do complete the gingerbread flavor.
- Plant Based Milk - Any plant based milk will work perfectly for these overnight oats. I personally always use soy, because it's super creamy and doesn't have a strong flavor (in my opinion), but any milk such as almond, coconut, or oat will work perfectly.
- Plant Based Yogurt - I strongly recommend using coconut yogurt. Although any plant based yogurt will work, coconut yogurt has a slight sweetness, and it complements the strong flavors of these oats. My go-to plant based coconut yogurts are: Harmless Harvest, CocoJune, and the generic unsweetened coconut yogurt from Sprouts.
How To Make Gingerbread Overnight Oats:
These Gingerbread Overnight Oats are the perfect oats to make during the week, because they are so easy, and you can make multiple batches at once. All you need is a large bowl, and jars or glasses to store the oats in.
Begin by combining all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix until all the ingredients are evenly mixed. Add the plant based milk and mix until smooth. Place the bowl in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
The next morning prepare the oats in two jars. Scoop half the mixture to fill up half the two jars. Add the plant based yogurt, then cover with the remaining oatmeal. Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why Is PlantFusion The Best Vegan Protein Powder?
If you've ever tried vegan protein powder, then you know it's either a hit or a miss. The texture can easily become quite chalky, and the flavor can be very bland. After trying many plant based proteins over the years, I can confidently say that PlantFusion is the best vegan protein powder out there.
Not only does PlantFusion have the best tasting, and the best texture protein powder, but it also is the best quality. All their products have the Purity Promise which means they are committed to being free of dairy, soy, rice, eggs, nuts, fish, tree nuts, shellfish, artificial flavors and colors, as well as being certified vegan, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free.
One of my favorite things about PlantFusion is that each of their products is crafted to target specific needs. They understand that protein powder isn't one size fits all. Therefore they have a diverse range of products so they have something for everyone.
Do Overnight Oats Have To Soak Overnight?
Overnight oats have skyrocketed as a healthy breakfast trend. They're super easy to make, and they're delicious. However soaking overnight does take awhile. Therefore if you forget to prep them the night before, you can run into problems.
Just because overnight is in the name of the oats, does not mean that the oats have to soak overnight. Overnight oats really only need to soak for about 4 hours. You can also speed up the process by cooking them and then putting them in the freezer. This will slightly effect the taste, but if you forgot to prep them it can be a lifesaver.
Can I Meal Prep These Gingerbread Overnight Oats?
These Gingerbread Overnight Oats have been one of my favorite holiday breakfast recipes. They're super easy to make, with just the right amount of holiday spice. If you're like me and prefer to have minimal work when it comes to breakfast, these oats are perfect because you can make a couple batches at once and prep them for multiple days.
If you are planning to batch these Gingerbread Oats, there are a few recommendations I have. First, keep the yogurt and the oatmeal separate until you serve them. The second recommendation I have is to store the oats in an air tight container. Overnight oats can dry up easily when they are left exposed. Therefore if you want the oats to remain thick and creamy, I recommend you keep them in air tight containers until you serve them.
Related Vegan Gingerbread Recipes:
Gingerbread Overnight Oats
- 2 glass jars
- Begin by combining all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix until all the ingredients are evenly mixed. Add the plant based milk and mix until smooth.
- Once the mixture has thickened up, cover and place in the fridge to chill overnight.
- The next morning prepare the oats in two jars. Scoop half the mixture to fill up half the two jars. Add the plant based yogurt, then cover with the remaining oatmeal. Serve and enjoy!