This vibrant and wholesome Roasted Vegetable Salad with an Easy Alkaline Dressing is the perfect easy salad recipe for all. Bursting with the flavors from fresh herbs of perfectly roasted vegetables, this salad is a perfect combination of colors, textures, and nourishing ingredients. Whether you're a salad enthusiast or just looking to add more greens to your plate, this recipe is a delicious and nutritious way to elevate your meal.
Salads are one of my favorite things to eat. Eating salads is such an easy way to eat lots of fresh vegetables, leafy greens, and dietary fiber. Some of my favorite salads to make are my Cauliflower Tabouleh Salad and my Chopped Broccoli Crunch Salad. I love those salads because they're raw, however, as the seasons change I crave more roasted vegetables. This alkaline salad features roasted fall vegetables, leafy greens and microgreens, and homemade alkaline salad dressing!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe features several affiliate links, meaning I will earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
- Alkaline Salad Ingredients:
- How To Make This Roasted Alkaline Salad And Creamy Alkaline Dressing:
- Alkaline Salad Recipe Variations:
- What You Need To Make This Alkaline Salad Recipe:
- How To Store This Alkaline Salad And Alkaline Salad Dressing:
- Top Tip:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Related Delicious Alkaline Recipes:
- Roasted Vegetable Salad With Easy Alkaline Dressing
- More Anima Mundi Recipes:
Alkaline Salad Ingredients:
This alkaline salad is a great recipe to make because it is made with simple ingredients and packed full of health benefits. You can find all of these ingredients at your local grocery store or order them online.
- Spring Mix - The base of this salad, spring mix, is a nutrient-rich blend of baby greens. It provides essential vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber, promoting healthy digestion and supporting your immune system.
- Cauliflower - Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable rich in antioxidants, fiber, and choline, which supports brain health. It's a low-calorie addition that enhances the salad's texture and flavor.
- Broccoli - Packed with vitamins, particularly vitamin C, and minerals, broccoli is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains sulforaphane, which may have cancer-fighting benefits.
- Asparagus - Asparagus adds a burst of green to this delicious salad and is a source of essential nutrients like folate, vitamin K, and antioxidants. It supports healthy digestion and may aid in weight management.
- Brussels Sprouts - These mini cabbages are not only cute but also high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They offer anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits and contribute to heart health
- Chickpeas - Chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein and dietary fiber. They keep you feeling full and provide a steady energy source while adding a pleasant nutty taste.
- Savory Spice - The savory spice blend not only enhances the overall flavor but also introduces antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It elevates the taste while promoting your well-being.
- Coconut Aminos - A healthier alternative to soy sauce, coconut aminos lend a savory, umami flavor to your salad while being gluten-free and low in sodium. They offer essential amino acids and may support heart health.
- Pea Sprouts - Pea sprouts are young, tender shoots of green peas. They are a nutritional powerhouse, providing an abundance of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Pea sprouts are an excellent source of vitamins C and A, promoting healthy skin and a strong immune system. They also offer a satisfying crunch and a subtle sweetness to this vegan salad.
- Microgreens - Microgreens, such as broccoli, radish, or arugula microgreens, are tiny but mighty in terms of nutrition. They are densely packed with essential vitamins and minerals, making them a superfood. Microgreens can provide a concentrated source of nutrients, including vitamins K and C, folate, and beta-carotene, which support overall health.
- Avocado - Avocado is a creamy and heart-healthy addition to your salad. It's known for its monounsaturated fats, which may help reduce bad cholesterol levels and lower the risk of heart disease. Avocado is also a good source of fiber, potassium, and various vitamins, including folate, vitamin K, and vitamin E.
- Pumpkin Seeds - Pumpkin seeds are a great source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, zinc, dietary fiber, and iron. Magnesium is vital for bone health, while zinc supports immune function and iron helps transport oxygen in the blood.
Alkaline Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- Avocado - Avocado is in the dressing as well. This is the creamy and heart-healthy base of your alkaline dressing. It's packed with monounsaturated fats, which are good for your heart, and it's a rich source of vitamins, particularly vitamin K and folate.
- Fresh Lemon Juice - Fresh lemon juice not only adds zesty brightness to your dressing but is also an excellent source of vitamin C, which supports your immune system. It's also known for its alkalizing effect on the body.
- Anima Mundi Liver Vitality Greens - Anima Mundi Liver Vitality Greens are a special addition that promotes liver health and overall well-being. This blend of greens is designed to support liver detoxification, offering a wide array of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that aid in cleansing and revitalizing your body. I absolutely love all things Anima Mundi and frequently shop for their teas, elixirs, and herbs. As always, you can use the code: "NATURALVEGAN" for 15% off!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - A cornerstone of the Mediterranean diet, extra virgin olive oil offers a healthy dose of monounsaturated fats and antioxidants. It's associated with heart health and may help reduce inflammation.
- Garlic - Garlic adds savory depth to this creamy dressing while providing potential immune-boosting properties and cardiovascular benefits. It's a flavorful and healthful addition to the mix.
- Fresh Basil - Fresh basil brings a burst of flavor to your dressing and is not only delicious but also a source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These compounds may have anti-inflammatory effects and support overall health.
- Black Pepper - Black pepper adds a touch of spiciness and also aids in the absorption of certain nutrients in the body, making it a flavorful and healthful choice for this alkaline salad dressing.
- Sea Salt - Sea salt, when used in moderation, enhances the flavors of the dressing. It provides essential minerals like sodium and chloride, which are vital for various bodily functions, including nerve and muscle function.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make This Roasted Alkaline Salad And Creamy Alkaline Dressing:
This alkaline salad is one of my favorite alkaline meals because it is so easy to make, it's great for weight loss, and it tastes amazing.
1. Prepare the Roasted Alkaline Salad:
a. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
b. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, and chickpeas.
c. Drizzle the vegetables with a touch of coconut aminos for flavor and the savory spice blend. Toss well to coat.
d. Spread the seasoned vegetables evenly on a baking sheet.
e. Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized. Make sure to stir them occasionally for even roasting.
2. Make the Creamy Alkaline Dressing:
a. In a blender or food processor, combine the flesh of the ripe avocado, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, and fresh basil leaves.
b. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
c. Blend until all the ingredients are well combined, and the dressing achieves a smooth and creamy consistency.
3. Assemble the Salad:
a. In a large salad bowl, arrange the spring mix greens as the base.
b. Add the freshly roasted vegetables and chickpeas on top of the greens.
c. Slice the avocado into thin slices and add to the bowl.
d. Drizzle the creamy alkaline dressing generously over the salad.
e. Add the pea sprouts and microgreens to the large salad bowl. Toss the salad gently to ensure the dressing coats all the ingredients evenly. Serve and enjoy!
Hint: You can assemble this alkaline salad in individual bowls, however, I find it easier to just throw it all together in one large bowl.
There are a handful of easy substitutions that can be made to this recipe if needed. Here are some of the common ones.
- Oil - You can replace the extra virgin olive oil with any oil of your choice. Avocado oil and sunflower oil are other great choices.
- Acidity - You can replace the fresh lemon juice with raw apple cider vinegar or key lime juice.
- Vegetables - You can replace the fresh vegetables with any vegetables of choice. Some great options are onions, sweet potatoes, green beans, etc.
If you have any questions about a particular substitution not listed make sure to leave a comment and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible!
Alkaline Salad Recipe Variations:
There are so many delicious variations that can be made to this delicious vegan salad. Here are some of my favorite ways to mix it up!
- Spicy - You can add red peppers and red pepper flakes to the salad for a spicy twist.
- Protein Powerhouse: Add your choice of plant-based protein sources such as grilled tofu, tempeh, or marinated seitan for an extra protein boost.
- Nutty Crunch: Sprinkle some sunflower seeds, walnuts, or pine nuts over the salad for added texture and healthy fats.
- Fruit Fusion: Introduce a touch of sweetness by adding fresh fruits or dried fruits like cranberries, sliced strawberries, or raisins.
What You Need To Make This Alkaline Salad Recipe:
- Baking Sheet: To roast the vegetables and chickpeas in the oven.
- Blender or Food Processor: To blend the ingredients into a smooth and creamy dressing.
- Large Salad Bowl: For tossing and assembling the finished salad.
- Additionally, it's useful to have some basic kitchen utensils, such as a knife, cutting board, and measuring cups and spoons, to help with food preparation.
How To Store This Alkaline Salad And Alkaline Salad Dressing:
Storing your Roasted Alkaline Salad and Creamy Dressing is important to maintain freshness and flavor. Here's how to do it:
- Refrigeration: Store any leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It's best to keep the dressing separate if you're not consuming it all at once. The salad will stay fresh for about 2-3 days in the fridge.
2. Creamy Dressing:
- Refrigeration: The creamy dressing should be refrigerated in an airtight container to keep it fresh. It's essential to place a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the dressing before sealing the container. This helps prevent oxidation and keeps the avocado from turning brown. Stored this way, the dressing should remain good for about 2-3 days.
If you like your vegetables extra crispy, you can toss the vegetables in extra virgin olive oil before roasting to ensure they get extra crispy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
An alkaline salad is a type of salad that focuses on incorporating alkaline-forming foods. These foods are believed to have a pH balance above 7, which is considered alkaline. The idea is that an alkaline diet can help balance the body's pH and promote overall health.
The savory spice blend is a mixture of herbs and spices used to season the roasted vegetables. It typically includes herbs like thyme, rosemary, oregano, and spices like paprika and black pepper. You can customize the blend to suit your taste preferences, adding or omitting spices as desired.
Certainly, you can adjust the dressing by adding more or less lemon juice, herbs, or spices to achieve your desired taste and consistency.
Related Delicious Alkaline Recipes:
Looking for other alkaline recipes like this? Try these:
If you try this Roasted Vegetable Salad With an Easy Alkaline Dressing Recipe, I’d really love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. I’d also really appreciate a recipe card rating! Make sure to share it on social media and tag @theallnaturalvegan to be featured! Thank you for supporting The All Natural Vegan!
Roasted Vegetable Salad With Easy Alkaline Dressing
For The Salad:
- 6 cups spring mix
- ½ large cauliflower about 3 cups
- 2 crowns broccoli
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ½ bag brussel sprouts
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoon savory spice
- 1 bunch pea sprouts
- ½ cup microgreens
- 1 avocado
Prepare the Roasted Alkaline Salad:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, and chickpeas.
- Drizzle the vegetables with a touch of coconut aminos for flavor and the savory spice blend. Toss well to coat.
- Spread the seasoned vegetables evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized. Make sure to stir them occasionally for even roasting.
Make the Creamy Alkaline Dressing:
- In a blender or food processor, combine the flesh of the ripe avocado, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, and fresh basil leaves.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Blend until all the ingredients are well combined, and the dressing achieves a smooth and creamy consistency.
Assemble the Salad:
- In a large salad bowl, arrange the spring mix greens as the base.
- Add the freshly roasted vegetables and chickpeas on top of the greens.
- Slice the avocado into thin slices and add to the bowl.
- Drizzle the creamy alkaline dressing generously over the salad.
- Add the pea sprouts and microgreens to the large salad bowl. Toss the salad gently to ensure the dressing coats all the ingredients evenly. Serve and enjoy!
More Anima Mundi Recipes:
Looking for more delicious Anima Mundi recipes? Make sure to check out some of the other recipes on my website!