I am so excited to share today’s WFPB banana bread recipes with you guys! I really don’t think there is a fruit more versatile than the banana. You can do so much with the humble banana. You can freeze them and make ice cream (nice cream), you can make little peanut butter chocolate bites with them, you can eat them plain, you can make smoothies with them(make sure to follow me on Instagram to see my weekly #smoothiebowlsaturday.), and of course you can bake recipes like this whole foods plant based banana bread with them.
Bananas are so versatile, because they are so naturally sweet and creamy. That’s why this healthy low sugar banana bread vegan recipe was such a hit. Because of the natural sweetness of bananas, there’s no need for added, or refined sugar in this whole foods plant based banana bread recipe. I knew that since I had the power of bananas for this recipe that I wanted to make it date-free as well. I know that not everyone loves dates as much as I do, so I am trying to provide more date-free recipes! However, if you are a fan of dates be sure to check out some of my favorite naturally sweetened vegan desserts!
Refined sugar-free dessert recipes that you will love:
What makes this whole foods plant based banana bread recipe healthy?
While all my recipes are healthy and 100% whole foods plant based, this whole foods plant based banana bread recipe gets a special call out because it is made with the simply ingredients that you can find at any grocery store. I’m a little extra sometimes when it comes to ingredients, because, well it is my job to create recipes! With that said I love creating simple recipes like this WFPB banana bread, because at the end of the day these recipes are made for you! This plant based banana bread is:
- Refined sugar-free
You name it!
Can I make this WFPB banana bread in other flavors?
Yes, and no. You see this whole foods plant based banana bread recipe is a little special. Bananas have a strong flavor, so you won’t be able to change that. However you can make variations to it such as making a chocolate chip banana bread, or just straight chocolate etc. I love this plant based banana bread recipe just the way it is, but you can make it however you would enjoy it the most! Honestly, I love adding chocolate chips to this recipes, because who doesn’t love chocolate?
However, if banana is not your jam, but you’re looking for a vegan dessert loaf, then look no further. I have plenty of plant based dessert breads like this one on my blog. Dessert breads are such a perfect simple and healthy plant based dessert option, so I always recommend make! Here are some of my absolute favorites that I keep going back to:
Ingredients for this Whole Foods Plant Based Banana Bread:
- Coconut flour
- Walnuts or pecans “VEGAN10” for $10 off!
- Plant based milk
- Baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar
- Vanilla extract
Whole Foods Plant Based Banana Bread
- 2 1/2 cups oats ground into flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed Make flax egg by adding 1/2 cup water to the flaxseed and setting aside.
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 3 very ripe bananas Optional 4th banana to place on top!
- 1 cup plant based milk ( I went with soy)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350. If you have not already done so, make your oat flour, as well as your flax egg.
- Mash your bananas in a large bowl and add your applesauce, vanilla extract, vinegar, and plant based milk. In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients together (except flaxseed!). Combine the two and pour into you bread pan. Cut 4th banana in half and place on top.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!