This Collard Mint Green Juice is the perfect easy green juice to incorporate into your healthy lifestyle! It's full of leafy greens, hydrating fruits and vegetables, and flavorful herbs!
In my opinion, making homemade juice recipes is one of the best ways to enhance a healthy diet. It's such a great way to naturally incorporate ingredients that you wouldn't normally eat throughout the week. My Refreshing Pineapple Fennel Green Juice recipe is a great example of that. I started to think about other leafy vegetables I don't eat often, and the concept for this collard green juice was born!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe features several affiliate links, meaning I will earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
- Collard Mint Green Juice Ingredients:
- How To Make Collard Green Juice:
- Collard Green Juice Variations:
- What You Will Need To Make This Collard Green Juice:
- How To Store This Collard Green Juice:
- Top Tip:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Related Cold Pressed Juice Recipes:
- Collard Mint Green Juice
- More Greens Recipes:
- Food Safety:
Collard Mint Green Juice Ingredients:
This delicious drink is perfect for summer because it's light, refreshing, and great for boosting the immune system thanks to the numerous health benefits.
- Collard Greens - The feature ingredient in this recipe is the collard greens. Although juicing collard greens is not super popular, raw collard greens are a great addition to any juice. They are full of calcium, and folate, and are a good source of vitamin K, vitamin C, and vitamin A. Cruciferous vegetables like collards are also known for their anticancer effects. Make sure to sort through the leaves and toss the older leaves before juicing.
- Green Apples - I love using green apples to naturally sweeten this collard greens juice. You can use any variety of apples, but keep in mind this will affect the color of the green juice. Apples are full of vitamin C, and dietary fiber, and have been linked to lower chances of heart disease. Apple juice has a neutral taste that won't overpower other flavors, which makes it the perfect addition to many juice blends.
- English Cucumbers - You can use any variety of cucumbers. I always opt for English cucumbers because they don't have a super bitter taste. Cucumbers contain a potent antioxidant that fights free radicals and they are great for hydration, lowering blood sugar, preventing constipation, and supporting weight loss.
- Fresh Mint Sprigs - I love adding mint to this green juice for flavor and health benefits. These little green leaves are not only delicious, but they also can relieve indigestion, improve brain function, and help maintain healthy vision.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Collard Green Juice:
This collared green juice recipe is super easy to make and requires minimal prep thanks to the Kuving's REVO830.
1. Begin by washing the ingredients and assembling the juicer.
2. Cut the cucumber into medium-sized chunks. Turn on the juicer.
3. Add the ingredients to the juicer alternating between ingredients. Add the Collard greens and mint leaves to the auto-cut chute and watch how it automatically cuts through the tough stems. You may need to tamper the green leaves down with the included tamper.
4. Release the juice into the cups. Serve over ice and garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy!
There are plenty of substitutions that can be made to this collard green juice recipe that contains similar essential nutrients and essential vitamins.
- Leafy Greens - The raw collard greens can be replaced with your favorite leafy greens or cruciferous vegetables. Kale juice has a similar nutritional value to collard juice. Spinach is another great leafy green vegetable to add to juices.
- Fruit - Apples can be replaced with pineapple, pears, oranges, etc. Whatever your favorite is! It's important to keep in mind that the color will be affected by different fruits.
Collard Green Juice Variations:
There are plenty of ways you can mix this collard greens juice up. Here are some of my favorites:
- Collard Greens Smoothie - If you love green smoothies, you can turn this juice recipe into a smoothie using the Kuving's Smoothie Attachment. This will allow you to keep all the soluble fiber intact. When made as a smoothie this recipe has a very high fiber content which is great for supporting a healthy digestive tract and preventing colon cancer.
- Herbs - The mint can be replaced with any herbs. Herbs are exceptionally nutritious and full of flavor. I love adding herbs like basil or cilantro to my juice recipes. I personally love the combination of cilantro and mint in green juice.
- Spicy - You can add ¼ of jalapeno for spicy green juice. I would recommend starting with a really small piece and working your way up to more. Raw jalapenos have a strong kick.
What You Will Need To Make This Collard Green Juice:
Equipment can always impact how a recipe turns out. Here's what I recommend using to make this recipe:
You will need basic equipment to make this recipe like a knife and cutting board as well as serving glasses, but the most important piece of equipment is the juicer.
I use the Kuving's REVO830 Cold Pressed Slow Juicer, and I can not recommend it enough. It has truly changed juicing at home for me. It's easy to use and easy to clean, and the quality of the fresh-pressed juice is unmatched.
First and foremost this juicer makes juicing at home extremely easy. The REVO830 juicer has an extra-large 3.5-inch feed chute that can fit fruits like apples, pears, clementines, etc. whole. It also fits large chunks of fruits like pineapple and cucumber. This saves a ton of time on prep, reduces food waste, and ensures you are getting the most out of your ingredients. It also has a 1.75 auto-cut chute that allows long root vegetables like carrots and celery and leafy greens like raw collard greens and raw kale to be inserted without any preparation. It effortlessly cuts through tough stems and firm vegetables ensuring you're getting all the good stuff from your vegetables.
The second reason I love this juicer is that it is so easy to clean. Juicers can be a real pain in the butt to clean. However, the REVO830 includes special brushes one of which attaches right to the strainer and brushes it clean in seconds. If you hate doing dishes like me, this is a game changer. I can clean the entire juicer in about 5 minutes.
Last, but certainly not least is the quality of the juice. The REVO830 is a cold-pressed slow juicer. This means the ingredients are never heated, and the nutrients are preserved. This is great for making nut milks, juices, sorbets, and smoothies with the attachments included! The juices keep super well in the fridge with all the nutrients and flavor preserved.
If you're interested in investing in a Kuving's Juicer, you can always use my code: "NATURALVEGAN" for 10% off (AKA $70 off the REVO830) at Kuvings.com.
How To Store This Collard Green Juice:
Another reason to love the REVO830 is that it extends the shelf life of cold-pressed juices. Kuvings recommends keeping juices for up to 72 hours. To be completely honest, I have kept juices longer than that and they still taste fantastic! I recommend storing them in a large mason jar with a lid. If you make juices on a regular basis, I recommend investing in some sort of glass storage container that can fit large quantities of juices.
You may need to adjust the fruit in this recipe to taste. If you prefer your juices on the sweeter side, I recommend adding a couple more apples to ensure the juice is sweet enough. However, If you like your juices less sweet, add less fruit.
Frequently Asked Questions:
There are thousands of green juice recipes out there. Many of them contain kale, spinach, and other leafy greens. It's rare to see a green juice recipe with raw collard greens, and this is such a shame because collards are so good for you! However, collards contain high levels of manganese which helps support healthy bones, and vitamin K which supports healthy blood.
Detox is a word that is often thrown around in the health community. In my opinion, anything that helps support the liver can be described as detoxing. Therefore greens are a perfect ingredient to include in detoxing. Greens are high in vitamin K, folate, and vitamin C which support a healthy liver. Juicing is a great way to detox because not only are you including all these detoxing leafy greens and other healthy ingredients, but you are also increasing your fluid intake which helps to flush the body and rid it of any toxins.
Related Cold Pressed Juice Recipes:
Looking for more delicious and nutritious juice recipes? Make sure to try out some of the other recipes on my website!
If you try this Collard Mint Green Juice recipe, I’d really love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. I’d also really appreciate a recipe card rating! Thank you for supporting The All Natural Vegan!
Collard Mint Green Juice
- 1 Kuvings Juicer "NATURALVEGAN" for %10 off!
- 3 english cucumbers
- 1 bunch mint
- 6-8 granny smith apples depending on desired sweetness
- 1 bunch collard greens
- Begin by washing the ingredients and assembling the juicer.
- Cut the cucumber into medium-sized chunks. Turn on the juicer.
- Add the ingredients to the juicer alternating between ingredients. Add the Collard greens and mint leaves to the auto-cut chute and watch how it automatically cuts through the tough stems. You may need to tamper the green leaves down with the included tamper.
- Release the juice into the cups. Serve over ice and garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy!
More Greens Recipes:
If you love eating greens, be sure to check out some of the salad recipes on my website!
- Do not put foreign objects in the juicer.
- Do not put fruit pits or hard seeds in the juicer.
- Wash hands before handling food.