This Homemade Papaya Juice recipe is the perfect refreshing drink for the summer months. It's packed full of delicious tropical fruit and healthy ingredients to support gut health. This recipe is the perfect juice for a hot summer day.
Juicing is one of my favorite ways to incorporate more nutrients into my diet and improve my overall health. There are endless combinations to try and various health benefits. Gut health is super trendy right now and for good reason! It's a super important aspect of your health. This gut-healthy papaya juice is the perfect easy and delicious recipe to include in your diet to help support a healthy gut.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe features several affiliate links, meaning I will earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
- Papaya Juice Ingredients:
- How To Make This Papaya Fruit Juice:
- Papaya Juice Variations:
- What You Need To Make This Gut Healthy Papaya Juice:
- How To Store Cold-Pressed Papaya Juice:
- Top Tip
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Related Cold Pressed Juice Recipes:
- Best Gut Healthy Papaya Juice
- Food Safety:
- Recent Recipes:
Papaya Juice Ingredients:
This fresh juice is a great recipe because it uses simple ingredients that you can pick up at your local grocery store and it's delicious!
- Fresh Papaya - Papaya is the key ingredient in this recipe. The papain enzyme in papaya can make protein easier to digest. This special papaya enzyme helps improve digestion and bloating. Papaya is also loaded with vitamin C, has anticancer properties, and is anti-inflammatory. I recommend looking for a ripe yellow papaya rather than a green papaya because it will be sweeter.*
- Fresh Pineapple - I love adding pineapple to pretty much every juice recipe because it is so sweet. However, it is also packed full of health benefits. Pineapple is a vitamin C powerhouse, anti-inflammatory, and aids digestion thanks to its digestive enzymes. The ripeness is key when it comes to juicing pineapple. Make sure to choose a ripe yellow pineapple. *
- English Cucumber - Any variety of cucumber will work, however, I recommend using an English cucumber because it has a less bitter taste. Cucumber is great for hydration which will help to flush the body.*
- Fresh Ginger - Ginger is great for supporting weight loss, reducing joint pain, and can help fight off infections.*
- Celery - Celery contains a compound known as apiuman which has been shown to decrease stomach ulcers, improve the lining of the stomach, and modulate stomach secretions.*
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make This Papaya Fruit Juice:
This fresh papaya juice is one of my favorite cold-pressed juices to make at home because it is so easy to make and it's loaded with health benefits.
1. Begin by pealing the pineapple and cutting it into large chunks. Cut the papaya in half and remove the black seeds. Cut the juice fruit away from the skin (like you would with a melon). Slice the cucumber into large chunks.
2. Begin adding the fruits and vegetables to the juicer alternating between ingredients.
3. Once done juicing, pour the fresh papaya juice over ice and serve immediately!
Hint: The black seeds in papaya are known to have anti-parasitic benefits. You can add the seeds to the juice as well. This will affect the taste, color, and texture slightly.
There are a handful of easy substitutions that can be made to this papaya juice recipe. Here are some common ones:
- Kiwis - Kiwis are a great gut-healthy fruit that works great in many tropical fruit juices. If you do use kiwi I recommend adding the strainer to the juice, because kiwi juice comes out thicker due to all the fiber (or you can keep it as-is for added fiber!).
- Turmeric - If ginger is a little strong for your taste buds you can replace it with turmeric. Turmeric is very anti-inflammatory and a great ingredient to incorporate into your daily diet.
- Orange - Orange juice is a great option to replace papaya. It doesn't have all the same health benefits, however, it's a delicious fruit loaded with vitamin C.
Papaya Juice Variations:
There are a variety of ways that you can mix up this homemade cold-pressed papaya juice recipe. Here are some of my favorites.
- Green Juice - You can add your favorite leafy greens such as kale, spinach, dandelion greens, etc. for added health benefits.
- Citrus- Lime juice and lemon juice are great additions to this papaya juice. I love the tart flavor they add.
- Smoothie - If you want the gut-healthy benefits of fiber you can blend this papaya drink rather than juicing it.
What You Need To Make This Gut Healthy Papaya Juice:
Equipment can have a major effect on how your homemade juices come out. Here's what I recommend using to make this recipe:
You will need some basic equipment to make this papaya juice recipe like a sharp knife and cutting board as well as serving glasses. However, the most important piece of equipment is the juicer.
I have been using the Kuving's REVO830 Cold Pressed Slow Juicer for about a year and I can not recommend it enough. It has truly changed juicing at home for me. I rarely ever used to make homemade juices at home and now I incorporate them into my weekly routine. It's easy to use and easy to clean, and the quality of the fresh-pressed juice is unmatched.
Why I Love The REVO830?
Easy To Use:
First and foremost this juicer makes juicing at home extremely easy. The REVO830 juicer has an extra-large 3.5-inch feed chute that can fit whole fruits like apples, oranges, clementines, etc. It also fits large chunks of fruits like pineapple, papaya, and cucumber. This saves a ton of time on prep, reduces food waste, and ensures you are getting the most out of your ingredients. It also has a 1.75 auto-cut chute that is designed to allow long root vegetables like carrots and celery and leafy greens like raw collard greens, beet tops, and raw kale to be inserted without any preparation. It effortlessly cuts through tough stems and firm vegetables ensuring you're getting all the nutrients from your long vegetables and leafy greens.
Easy To Clean:
The second reason I love this juicer is that it is so easy to clean. Juicers can be a real pain in the butt to clean. This is honestly the biggest reason I never was consistent about juicing before. However, the REVO830 includes special brushes one of which attaches right to the strainer and brushes it clean in seconds. If you hate doing dishes like me, this is a game changer. I can clean the entire juicer in about 5 minutes.
Last, but certainly not least is the quality of the juice. The REVO830 is a cold-pressed slow juicer. This means the ingredients are never heated, and the nutrients are preserved. This is great for making nut milks, juices, sorbets, and smoothies with all the attachments included! The juices keep super well when stored correctly in an airtight container in the fridge with all the nutrients and flavor preserved.
If you're interested in investing in a Kuving's Juicer, you can always use my code: "NATURALVEGAN" for 10% off (AKA $70 off the REVO830) at Kuvings.com.
How To Store Cold-Pressed Papaya Juice:
How you store this papaya juice is key to how long it will last. I recommend storing it in an airtight container like a mason jar in the fridge. If stored properly, this juice will stay fresh for up to 72 hours.
You can absolutely customize this juice to your taste. If you prefer a sweeter juice, add more pineapple. If you don't like it sweet, half the pineapple.
Frequently Asked Questions:
It's recommended that Pregnant or breastfeeding women should ask their doctor about papaya juice before consuming it. If you have a latex allergy or papain allergy, you should also be cautious about papaya juice.
The digestive enzymes found in papaya can jumpstart digestion, which can make it easier to process food throughout the day.
Related Cold Pressed Juice Recipes:
Looking for other homemade cold-pressed juice recipes like this papaya juice? Try these:
If you try this Cold Pressed Gut Healthy Papaya Juice recipe, I’d really love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. I’d also really appreciate a recipe card rating! Thank you for supporting The All Natural Vegan!
Best Gut Healthy Papaya Juice
- 1 Kuvings Juicer "NATURALVEGAN" for 10% off!
- 1 pineapple
- 1 papaya
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 english cucumbers
- 1 inch piece ginger
- Begin by pealing the pineapple and cutting it into large chunks. Cut the papaya in half and remove the black seeds. Cut the juice fruit away from the skin (like you would with a melon). Slice the cucumber into large chunks.
- Begin adding the fruits and vegetables to the juicer alternating between ingredients.
- Once done juicing, pour the fresh papaya juice over ice and serve immediately!
- Do not put foreign objects in the juicer.
- Do not put fruit pits or hard seeds in the juicer.
- Wash hands before handling food.
Make sure to check out some of my other recent recipes!