These Raw Vegan Lemon Raspberry Bars are the perfect raw vegan dessert. It's a simple recipe made with clean and simple ingredients that will support a healthy immune system, and taste delicious at the same time! This is the perfect summer dessert for friends and family.
I love making raw vegan desserts. They're the perfect dessert for anyone on a raw diet, or if you're trying to eat less processed foods.
Although I do love my classic Creamy Vegan Lemon Bars, this raw vegan take on the classic is such a fun and delicious twist.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe features several affiliate links, meaning I will earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
- Raw Vegan Lemon Raspberry Bar Ingredients:
- How To Make These Raw Vegan Lemon Raspberry Bars:
- Raw Vegan Lemon Bar Variations:
- What You Will Need To Make These Raw Vegan Lemon Raspberry Bars:
- How To Store These Creamy Raspberry Lemon Bars:
- Top Tip:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- More Raw Vegan Desserts:
- Raw Vegan Lemon Raspberry Bars
- Related Vegan Lemon Desserts:
Raw Vegan Lemon Raspberry Bar Ingredients:
This raw vegan lemon bar is an amazing recipe because it's made with simple and healthy ingredients you can pick up at your local grocery store.
Raw Vegan Crust Ingredients:
- Raw Walnuts - Any nuts will work such as raw almonds, raw cashews, raw macadamia, etc. to make the crust. I went with walnuts because they're very affordable.
- Shredded Coconut - I recommend using a finely shredded coconut. Pure Maple Syrup - Maple syrup is one of my favorite natural sweeteners because it is packed full of vitamins and minerals, and it's not a refined sugar.
- Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil - It's important to use raw cold-pressed coconut oil, because it retains more nutrients, and hasn't been highly processed.Sea Salt - I love adding a pinch of salt to my raw vegan desserts because it helps them to feel like a traditional dessert without any cooking.
- Lemon Zest - This helps to really highlight the natural citrus flavor in these raw lemon bars.
Lemon Filling Ingredients:
- Raw Cashews - The base of the lemon filling is made from raw cashews that have been soaked. Soaked cashews create the best creamy filling and are full of fiber and healthy fats.
- Raw Full Fat Coconut Milk - You will need the thick coconut cream part from raw coconut milk. You can either use it from a can or make homemade coconut milk with a juicer.
- Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil - Again, it's important to use raw coconut oil. This is what will keep this raw lemon bar recipe together and solid.
- Lemon Zest - This is a great way to instantly enhance the lemon flavor in any lemon bar recipe.
- Fresh Lemon Juice - You will need lots of lemon juice for this recipe. I would recommend about 10 fresh lemons to be safe. Make sure to zest the lemons before juicing as well.
- Sol-Ti IMMUNI-TI Superfood Shot - This is the secret ingredient to the most incredible vegan lemon bars. It adds raspberry flavor to the bars as well as immune-boosting benefits. I love taking these superfood shots throughout the week, or simply adding them to dessert recipes like this! Sol-Ti products are available at most grocery stores, or you can order them online in bulk (this is what I do). If you choose to purchase them online, you can use my code: "NATURALVEGAN" for 15% off!
- Pure Maple Syrup - The filling of these raspberry lemon bars is sweetened with maple syrup and it's the perfect sweetener that's not too sweet, but just sweet enough to compliment the lemon juice.
- Vanilla Bean Powder - I love adding vanilla beans to my raw vegan desserts. It instantly elevates the recipe. You can use vanilla extract, however, it's important to keep in mind that vanilla extract is made with alcohol.
- Raspberries - You can either use fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries, both will work great. The raw vegan lemon bars will have to freeze, so they will end up frozen either way. However, if you use fresh raspberries they won't "bleed" as much into the creamy filling.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make These Raw Vegan Lemon Raspberry Bars:
These raw lemon bars are great because it's such an easy recipe and they turn out absolutely beautiful!
1. Begin by soaking the raw cashews in a large bowl of water overnight, or until the soaked cashews are soft throughout (for at least 4 hours).
2. Combine all the crust ingredients together in a food processor and process until one firm ball has formed. Prepare a square pan with parchment paper and press the crust on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place in the freezer to chill while making the filling.
3. Make the creamy filling by combining the soaked cashews (be sure to strain them before adding them) and all remaining filling ingredients except the raspberries together in a high-powered blender. Blend the mixture on high for a full minute, or until silky smooth. There should be no bumps of cashews.
4. Pour the lemon filling over the crust. Place the raspberries randomly throughout.
5. Cover and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Once solid, cut and serve!
There are a handful of easy and delicious substitutions that can be made to this recipe if needed.
- Fresh Strawberries - You can replace the raspberries with sliced fresh strawberries for another fruit variation.
- Almond Flour - You can use almond flour in place of the shredded coconut as a 1:1 substitute.
- Coconut Butter - You can replace the coconut cream with coconut butter. Keep in mind this will result in a denser lemon bar, but it will work.
Raw Vegan Lemon Bar Variations:
If you still love traditional lemon bars but are looking for ways to mix them up, try out some of these variations!
- Colorful - If you want to brighten these raw lemon bars up, you can add a pinch of turmeric to the smooth cream. This will give them the perfect bright yellow color.
- Key Lime Pie - Replace the lemons in this recipe with key limes for the ultimate summer dessert.
- Cheesecake - Make these bars in a springform pan and chill in the fridge to make a raw vegan cheesecake variation.
What You Will Need To Make These Raw Vegan Lemon Raspberry Bars:
This is the perfect raw vegan dessert for beginners because it does not require any crazy equipment and it's very fool-proof. To make this recipe you will need:
- Square Pan - Any shape baking dish will work perfectly for this recipe, however, I recommend using a square pan to achieve perfect squares.
- Parchment Paper - This will make removing the raw vegan lemon bars from the pan very easy.
- High-Powered Blender - Although a powerful blender is not a necessity to make this recipe, I recommend investing in one if you're interested in raw vegan recipes. I use a Vitamix and I absolutely love it!
How To Store These Creamy Raspberry Lemon Bars:
This healthy lemon bar recipe is so great because these bars store incredibly well. I recommend using an airtight container and freezing them. Whenever you are ready to enjoy let them sit out at room temperature for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
If stored properly, these lemon bars will keep for up to 2 months.
Lightly place the raspberries into the lemon filling. If you mix them, the raspberries will break and the bars will look messy. They will still be delicious, just a little messier.
Frequently Asked Questions:
It's easy to wonder if raw vegan desserts are healthy due to their high-calorie content. I encourage you not to look at the calorie content when deciding if something is healthy. Raw vegan desserts are made with nutrient-dense ingredients, and they're full of fiber. If you are trying to lose weight, raw vegan desserts can still be something you can enjoy, just in moderation.
Many vegan and raw vegan desserts are labeled as sugar-free when they have plenty of sugar in them. The key difference is these desserts have unrefined sugar which is not bad. They are sweetened naturally and will not have the same blood sugar spike that white sugar has.
More Raw Vegan Desserts:
Looking for more raw vegan dessert recipes like these delicious vegan lemon bars? Check out more recipes on my website!
If you try this Raw Vegan Lemon Raspberry Bar recipe, I’d really love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. I’d also really appreciate a recipe card rating! Thank you for supporting The All Natural Vegan!
Raw Vegan Lemon Raspberry Bars
- 2 cups walnuts you can use almonds, cashews, macadamia, etc.
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Begin by soaking the raw cashews in a large bowl of water overnight, or until the soaked cashews are soft throughout (for at least 4 hours).
- Combine all the crust ingredients together in a food processor and process until one firm ball has formed. Prepare a square pan with parchment paper and press the crust on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place in the freezer to chill while making the filling.
- Make the creamy filling by combining the soaked cashews (be sure to strain them before adding them) and all remaining filling ingredients except the raspberries together in a high-powered blender. Blend the mixture on high for a full minute, or until silky smooth. There should be no bumps of cashews.
- Pour the lemon filling over the crust. Place the raspberries randomly throughout.
- Cover and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Once solid, cut and serve!
Related Vegan Lemon Desserts:
Love lemon-flavored desserts? I've got plenty of tangy lemon desserts on my website!